Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.28 Beta Released With Many Improvements

Phoronix: GNOME 3.28 Beta Released With Many Improvements

Following a slight delay, the beta release of GNOME 3.28 is now available ahead of next month's official release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

now gnome is launch before Ubuntu realeases, nice to know, the huge memory usage was fixed? Gnome uses a stupid amont of Ram without nothing running

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
      now gnome is launch before Ubuntu realeases, nice to know, the huge memory usage was fixed? Gnome uses a stupid amont of Ram without nothing running
      Eh, wasn't GNOME always released before Ubuntu releases?
      From 2004 on out at least (a few exceptions not included): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNOME#Releases
      Last edited by Vistaus; 14 February 2018, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Have you reported the specific issue you're having? Or are you just going to assume someone else will do it for you?

I only ask because memory leaks can be caused by any part of the stack from Gnome to Xorg drivers, and if you don't report it the chances of anyone else with your exact configuration noticing is slim.

All the big ones have been long fixed from what I can tell.
        Last edited by Stoatally; 14 February 2018, 04:09 PM.

Comment

A more comprehensive list of *major* changes for 3.28 can be found here:

https://wiki.gnome.org/ThreePointTwentyseven/ReleaseNotes

It's still being updated with last minute changes from what I can tell.

Edit: The NEWS file will have a full list, that link better highlights the big stuff.

Comment

I wonder if quart window tiling for 4k made it in, I saw it was developed on the Gnome Blogs but haven't heard mention of it. I prefer to not require extensions like gTile or qTile just to get quartering.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Stoatally View Post

Have you reported the specific issue you're having? Or are you just going to assume someone else will do it for you?

I only ask because memory leaks can be caused by any part of the stack from Gnome to Xorg drivers, and if you don't report it the chances of anyone else with your exact configuration noticing is slim.

I tested myself. The memory leaks and the absurd Ram usage are in all reviews from Ubuntu, Fedora and Arch linux. You can always see it! Having more than 2 gb of Ram afer boot without nothing running using Fedora with Gnome 3.26 Ubuntu 17.10 and Manjaro Gnome it's not a coincidence is a reality. Reporting bugs to Gnome devs is the same of do nothing is better to report to arch devs or ubuntu since they simply won't care about nothing. This new Gnome without icons in nautilus is the proof of that, they simply won't care a s*** about ppl. I really like to see ppl using gnome in a virtual machine and need to put at least 8 gb to run simply tasks.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoatally View Post

And another stupid thing why should correct their bugs? This opensource ideias are stupid since the Gnome devs are paid for that, mesa devs are paid, ubuntu devs are paid, fedora are paid, redhat are paid. Get some brains and do something buy hardware, give donations like I do for software I use or paid for that don't expect miracles. In capatilist world when you work 12/14 hours for day like me you don't have time to correct bugs or having hobbys

Comment

And another stupid thing why should correct their bugs? This opensource ideias are stupid since the Gnome devs are paid for that, mesa devs are paid, ubuntu devs are paid, fedora are paid, redhat are paid. Get some brains and do something buy hardware, give donations like I do for software I use or paid for that don't expect miracles. In capatilist world when you work 12/14 hours for day like me you don't have time to correct bugs or having hobbys
                    What the fuck is a degenerate like you doing here?

Comment

Working...
                    X