No announcement yet.

KDE Frameworks 5.43 Released With KHolidays Module, glTF/Coillada Highlighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Frameworks 5.43 Released With KHolidays Module, glTF/Coillada Highlighting

Phoronix: KDE Frameworks 5.43 Released With KHolidays Module, glTF/Coillada Highlighting

Today marks the release of KDE Frameworks 5.43, the latest monthly update to this set of add-on libraries complementing the functionality found in the Qt5 tool-kit...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

syntax highlighting support for Collada and glTF files
    What version of glTF is supported? Is glTF2.0 supported?

Comment

Sadly KIO has disabled KAuth support temporarily (so no Polkit to save config files owned by root in e.g. Kate or KWrite). Apparently there were some security bugs discovered by SUSE but I hope they get fixed by KF5 5.44 in March (which will be too late for Kubuntu 18.04).

Comment

Coillada

Comment

Seems like they worked a lot :-)

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
            Seems like they worked a lot :-)
            We sure did! Check out https://pointieststick.wordpress.com...-productivity/

Comment

I used to be excited about new KDE releases. In the last couple of years, as an nvidia user, I feel like I'm on life support and someone is about to pull the plug any moment now.

I tried to prepare for it by installing many different desktops, including Gnome and XFCE, but they all suck. I'd rather switch to Windows than be forced to use something other than KDE
              Last edited by RealNC; 13 February 2018, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                I used to be excited about new KDE releases. In the last couple of years, as an nvidia user, I feel like I'm on life support and someone is about to pull the plug any moment now.

I tried to prepare for it by installing many different desktops, including Gnome and XFCE, but they all suck. I'd rather switch to Windows than be forced to use something other than KDE
                I can understand that. But there's hope on the horizon. NVIDIA is going to have to come up with a better solution for Wayland eventually. And Xorg should still work fine-ish.

Comment

Working...
                X