Haiku OS Ends 2017 On A High Note With Better USB 3.0 & UEFI Abilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haiku OS Ends 2017 On A High Note With Better USB 3.0 & UEFI Abilities

Phoronix: Haiku OS Ends 2017 On A High Note With Better USB 3.0 & UEFI Abilities

While Haiku OS is incredibly close to delivering their long-awaited beta, it didn't end up materializing in 2017 but they still made much headway into this open-source BeOS-inspired operating system...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Little typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    end of December.Some of

Comment

Just wanted to point out: we're called "Haiku", not "Haiku OS", as is very clearly explained on our FAQ (https://www.haiku-os.org/about/faq#w...called-haikuos).

Comment

Have they ported MESA including DRM modules from Linux already? Means, is it an OS which is at least in theory somewhat usable by providing sufficient hardware support?

Comment

Hopefully, they will come up with a userland Xorg ala Xming just to have Xapps running.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
            Have they ported MESA including DRM modules from Linux already? Means, is it an OS which is at least in theory somewhat usable by providing sufficient hardware support?
            They support hardware using the FreeBSD drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by fithisux View Post
              Hopefully, they will come up with a userland Xorg ala Xming just to have Xapps running.
              Or they could just port Xiwi.
              https://github.com/dnschneid/crouton...S-window-(xiwi)

Comment

More than 24 hours have passed since this article was put up. I can't believe no one has asked the traditional question "why does Haiku even exist" lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
                  More than 24 hours have passed since this article was put up. I can't believe no one has asked the traditional question "why does Haiku even exist" lol.
                  Haha! You beat me to it!

I am a fan of Haiku. Its the only non Linux OS I'm really interested in apart from FreeBSD/TrueOS and DragonFlyBSD but it feels like its got to the point Michael should auto-fill the first comment to a Haiku post with something like "Yeah but why bother? Haiku is so outdated!" just to save the trolls the effort.

Something Michael forgot to mention that is also big news (or it will be) is that the Haiku LibreOffice port is much closer to being usable now albeit it can't load docs properly just yet.
                  Last edited by danboid; 01 January 2018, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fithisux View Post
                    Why not wayland instead ? If freebsd and dragonflybsd have got wayland ported they can try to adapt wayland.

Comment

Working...
                    X