Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenBSD 6.1 Released: ARM64 Platform Support & More

Phoronix: OpenBSD 6.1 Released: ARM64 Platform Support & More

Theo de Raadt has announced the release of OpenBSD 6.1...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice ...

Comment

Looks like solid release. I especially like the wireless improvements and added Estonian keyboard support (I've been substituting it with German or Finnish layouts so far).
      But.. still no TRIM support and related to it, FFS file system feels rather sluggish.

Comment

Am I correct in thinking x86 and x86_64 builds are now compiled with Clang? If so, is anyone noticing faster binaries?

Very much looking forward to the upgrade, just need to finish off this week first haha

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
          Am I correct in thinking x86 and x86_64 builds are now compiled with Clang? If so, is anyone noticing faster binaries?
          That is incorrect. Clang is currently only used on aarch64. But the plan is to migrate amd64 and i386 to Clang for the next release (maybe lld too as is used on aarch64 also).

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post

Very much looking forward to the upgrade, just need to finish off this week first haha
            dmesg did not offer any clues, neither nay or yay. Tried cli..
            $ uname -srm
            OpenBSD 6.1 amd64
            $ gcc -v
            Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/amd64-unknown-openbsd6.1/4.2.1/specs
            Target: amd64-unknown-openbsd6.1
            Configured with: OpenBSD/amd64 system compiler
            Thread model: posix
            gcc version 4.2.1 20070719
            $ clang
            /bin/ksh: clang: not found

Comment

According to https://www.openbsd.org/61.html : New/extended platforms:​​​​

Comment

Working...
              X