Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeDOS 1.2 Released With New Installer & More Commands

Phoronix: FreeDOS 1.2 Released With New Installer & More Commands

The latest open-source project doing a new release timed for Christmas is FreeDOS...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

A little off topic....but just finishing up family Christmas activities and sitting back with a egg nog toddy at my Linux powered workstation and wanted to wish you Michael and all your loved ones a very Merry Christmas. Plus....a big thank you for all your hard work here at Phoronix.com. It is truly a daily resource for me. I only have a handful of sites that I have to read every day and Phoronix is one of them. I also pledge to you a donation. It's time for me to stop being a consumer and start being a supporter. May have to wait until my next paycheck since I blew a lot on Christmas.....but it's coming !

And to all the Phoronixers who inhabit this site.....a very Merry Christmas as well and best wishes for the upcoming New Year !

Comment

If anyone is thinking of trying this out for playing DOS games beware that there are some compatibility issues caused mainly by FreeDOS' default CD-ROM driver.

Comment

Nice to see it still being supported. Recently used it for a VM setup and occasionally for BIOS updates on older machines.
        Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Working...
        X