DragonFlyBSD 4.6 vs. Linux Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cade View Post

Still, that text-based installer is fine and powerful.
    For a server/headless system and professional users it may be enough, but why not having a simple graphical installer if they go to more desktop use:

As of 2015 fully accelerated 2D, 3D, and video support is operational with Xorg. At around the same time there was also a concerted effort to upgrade the sound system with a major HDAA port from FreeBSD. Graphics, Video, and Sound have turned DragonFly into quite a nice desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post

For a server/headless system and professional users it may be enough, but why not having a simple graphical installer if they go to more desktop use:

As of 2015 fully accelerated 2D, 3D, and video support is operational with Xorg. At around the same time there was also a concerted effort to upgrade the sound system with a major HDAA port from FreeBSD. Graphics, Video, and Sound have turned DragonFly into quite a nice desktop.
      C'mon quit bashing SomethingBSD lol, it's nor fair to criticize an OS that got "fully accelerated 2D and 3D with xorg in 2015" (with NVIDIA's blob only, probably).

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
        C'mon quit bashing SomethingBSD lol, it's nor fair to criticize an OS that got "fully accelerated 2D and 3D with xorg in 2015" (with NVIDIA's blob only, probably).
        Sorry, it's monday. And I do not like MS-DOS the mondays.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          In case you haven't been paying attention, DragonFlyBSD is the one that is now up to date with the Intel and Radeon OSS drivers, and I believe I saw an article saying Nouveau support, but DragonFly is the exception to the well documented BSD rule so I can't just pull that off their website it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post

Sorry, it's monday. And I do not like MS-DOS the mondays.
            Nobody is forcing you to look at it. Leave
            There are plenty of Linuxes with the same kind of installers or even less (just text-based shell scripts). Yeah, on 2017.

Comment

Working...
            X