Example horrible BSD usability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Example horrible BSD usability

I've just found a very good example of how horrible usability is in FreeBSD and BSD in general. It's interesting.,

Join a budding Linux enthusiast as he tries his hand with FreeBSD 10.EDIT: I get it. I clearly didn't know a lot about BSD when I made this video. I've spent...

Apparently, they haven't got pkgng's repos working. it's been 2 years (2012-2014) This is a new record for horrible project manage by BSD.

Originally posted by endman View Post
    I've just found a very good example of how horrible usability is in FreeBSD and BSD in general. It's interesting.,

Join a budding Linux enthusiast as he tries his hand with FreeBSD 10.EDIT: I get it. I clearly didn't know a lot about BSD when I made this video. I've spent...

Apparently, they haven't got pkgng's repos working. it's been 2 years (2012-2014) This is a new record for horrible project manage by BSD.
    LOL. I laughed so hard when pkg failed and he had to use ports and compile for 2 days. Good on you Jacob Hauffmann for showing how much a piece of shit BSD is. BSD is literally out of touch with reality.

Call out to the Linux guys. They are way better then the BSDtards.

Comment

Look at this: https://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD-ng. There is now talking to abandon the base system and incorporate it into packages like Linux. Looks like the Linux way has won (as always). It just goes to show the merits of the Linux principles.

Also back on topic, worst part about the install is hald and dbus are not enable automatically.
      Last edited by endman; 01 November 2014, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X