Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jake_lesser View Post
    Post Reported.
    As everyone can see, my post is still there. Not only is pointing users towards the OpenBSD store completely fair and valid on these forums, it is also a massive help to improving BSD to make it even more awesome.

At the end of the day, this site is for open-source and gaming enthusiasts. 100% of people (minus you) do not have an illogical hatred towards a certain family of open-source operating systems haha.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
      At the end of the day, this site is for open-source and gaming enthusiasts. 100% of people (minus you) do not have an illogical hatred towards a certain family of open-source operating systems haha.
      I just reported that account. If you look through the post history, it's dedicated to anti-BSD trolling. Sorry jakelesser, you're going to have to put more effort into your trolling than that...

Comment

Anti-BSD loser's contributions to the Free Software world

<cricket sounds>
        ..........<cricket sounds>

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
          You just made 3 posts in a row parroting FSF slogans in a BSD thread. You may want to reconsider who's spamming/trolling here...
          You can't be serious...

Comment

Wrong son, Linux is free and open source. BSD is open core and public domain. "Progress" for BSD is not progress for free and open source and it also does not benefit anyone because whatever new thing BSD has, Linux has for 10 years. Literally.
            So tell us why a large company (was it Facebook?) is searching for people to port the superior network stack of FreeBSD to Linux.
            Once again you, Pawlerson, endman, jake_lesser or however you will call yourself next, have shown that you are only here for trolling and don't have any clue what you are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post
              So tell us why a large company (was it Facebook?) is searching for people to port the superior network stack of FreeBSD to Linux.
              Once again you, Pawlerson, endman, jake_lesser or however you will call yourself next, have shown that you are only here for trolling and don't have any clue what you are talking about.
              Thanks for ruining this thread. Till you didn't call my nickname I had no reason to reply here. When comes to you (be it sergio, vim_user or some other bsd troll) have never proven me wrong. Furthermore, when comes to facebook it was said by their employee Linux beats BSD in terms of performance in every scenario. FreeBSD networking stack is nice for end users, but it's very inflexible for programmers. It's like damn complicated and cancer like (because they affect too many aspects of an OS) soft updates which are dead end and have nothing common with UNIX philosophy. Linux is more Unix like than FreeBSD. Linux is also much easier to hack.

PS. MoonMoon troll who has 45 replies. Sergio, Vim_User, anyone?

Comment

Come back when you have anything to contribute to the topic, for example an explanation for porting the FreeBSD network stack to Linux when the existing one is according to you so much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
                  When comes to you (be it sergio, vim_user or some other bsd troll) have never proven me wrong.
                  What? They pretty much prove you wrong, every second character that you spew out of your mouth haha.

That said... you are extremely persistant and I would be really interested in seeing you working towards attacking something I am also passionate about. Removing DRM from the face of the Earth! Perhaps if you can find it in your heart to overlook my BSD tendencies, you should send me a PM some day

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post
                    Come back when you have anything to contribute to the topic, for example an explanation for porting the FreeBSD network stack to Linux when the existing one is according to you so much better.
                    It won't be ported, because it's inflexible from programming side. If you read the original thread about this I have agreed this part of FreeBSD is looking good. However, it seems it's the same problem that we have with soft updates: too much complicated and hard to hack. I didn't plan to take a part in this thread, but since you called my nickname I had no choice. So, when you have something smarter to say next time I'll maybe come back.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
                      What? They pretty much prove you wrong, every second character that you spew out of your mouth haha.

That said... you are extremely persistant and I would be really interested in seeing you working towards attacking something I am also passionate about. Removing DRM from the face of the Earth! Perhaps if you can find it in your heart to overlook my BSD tendencies, you should send me a PM some day
                      You should already notice that I only reply when comes to provable things like license differences, soft updates downsides etc. DRM is a huge problem, but I didn't find anyone at Phoronix who supports it. However, I consider DRM to be strictly related to proprietary software. The thing that I find very dangerous in BSD is its license which is proprietary friendly. This is the main reason it's unacceptable from FLOSS point of view. When someone advertises BSD as a Linux alternative he must be considered as an anti FLOSS lobbyist. Linux and BSD aren't in the same wagon.

Comment

Working...
                      X