Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeBSD Radeon Support Might Be Good In Mesa 9.2

Phoronix: FreeBSD Radeon Support Might Be Good In Mesa 9.2

The porting of the open-source Radeon Linux graphics driver to FreeBSD is coming along well. The developer behind this work is hoping that the user-space Radeon Mesa/Gallium3D driver changes will be merged upstream for Mesa 9.2...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That's not what the wiki says

Originally posted by phoronix
    There's now a yet-to-be-merged patch available that may solve some OpenGL locking issues caused by the TTM memory management.
    No, the dev said that other TTM issues were blocking work on the OpenGL locking issues.

So he has a patch to fix those other issues, and then they'll start working on the OpenGL locking issues previously mentioned.

Comment

inb4 *BSD shitfight.

Comment

Originally posted by ElderSnake View Post
        inb4 *BSD shitfight.
        The main BSD hater has been banned again, and he will continue to be banned until that mewling quim gives up his pointless dream.
        All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Great news. Once that driver has DONE across the board I can split my time on one system with Debian Linux and hopefully FreeBSD 10 when it arrives for release. Or at the very least, 10.1.

Comment

And the others BSD?

and what about pc-bsd, ghostbsd, etc? Until I know, there is not exactly the same bsd kernel in each one, so, Do they will be benefited about this?

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
              and what about pc-bsd, ghostbsd, etc? Until I know, there is not exactly the same bsd kernel in each one, so, Do they will be benefited about this?
              PC-BSD uses the same kernel as FreeBSD - it's just FreeBSD with some spiffy graphics and a new packaging system. PC-BSD devs are FreeBSD devs, and it was the company behind PC-BSD that part-sponsored Konstantin Belousov's work to implement Intel Kernel Modesetting.

Comment

no surprise give the PS4 OS is rumoured to be freebsd based.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
                  no surprise give the PS4 OS is rumoured to be freebsd based.
                  It won't be using Mesa nor KMS/DRM so it has absolutely nothing to do with this.

Comment

But there should be an AMD official driver?, due to PS4 use BSD

Comment

Working...
                    X