Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FreeBSD 12.3 Released With Updated AMD & Networking Hardware, Password Protected ZIPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kvuj View Post

To be fair, most of those lines seems to come from specific OS folders (Atari, AmigaOS, BeOS, theos, etc.)
    It really supports everything out there hu? I just took a look at the binary size in my Arch Linux AMD64 install, its 170kb. How big is the FreeBSD version @kvuj ?

Comment

Originally posted by Anux View Post

It really supports everything out there hu? I just took a look at the binary size in my Arch Linux AMD64 install, its 170kb. How big is the FreeBSD version @kvuj ?
      Code:
      size /usr/bin/unzip
      gets me 27424 Bytes so 27 KB, but
      Code:
      ls -lh
      gets me 22k

Probably some bss parts not being shown with size since it looks at how much RAM it takes to load it.

Pretty damn smaller it seems, but realistically it's probably not the end of the world haha.

Comment

Originally posted by kvuj View Post

Code:
        size /usr/bin/unzip
        gets me 27424 Bytes so 27 KB, but
        Code:
        ls -lh
        gets me 22k

Probably some bss parts not being shown with size since it looks at how much RAM it takes to load it.

Pretty damn smaller it seems, but realistically it's probably not the end of the world haha.
        Keep in mind that unzip under FreeBSD uses libarchive under the hood, so a lot of the functionality is in shared libraries, and won't be reflected in the file sizes. In fact, because FreeBSD tar also uses libarchive, you can use tar to uncompress and create zip files without needing the unzip binary at all.

Comment

Working...
        X