Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 11 WSL2 Performance Is Quite Competitive Against Ubuntu 20.04 LTS / Ubuntu 21.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post

Congrats. You guys probably do exactly what Microsoft wants.
    Needless to say that I can't understand why anybody likes Windows at all or this reaction.
    You're saying this like M$ is some kind of enemy or evil. It's obviouse that they want this, bc no one spend money for nothing.
    Last edited by RedEyed; 29 September 2021, 01:12 PM.

Comment

I don't think WSL is bad for linux desktop. If it's easier or better for people to use WSL instead dual-boot/other Linux machine, than it should be like that. For me, Windows has become unusable, and plan to switch completely to Linux. KDE, Cinnamon, LXQt, even GNOME (with tons of plugins) are way better than Windows UI.

Comment

Originally posted by RedEyed View Post

You're saying this like M$ is some kind of enemy or evil. It's obviouse that they want this, bc no one spend money for nothing.
        Uhm ... ... what's the matter with you?

Comment

Originally posted by HEL88 View Post
          Python and Nginx - nice lol .

BTW When WSL arrived I don't need linux any more on my desktop.
          That's nice to hear. What's next for you? any more news from your life you're willing to share?

Comment

It would have been good if WSL behaved more like standard VM sometimes, right now it is pain to arrange for static IP for WSL distro.

Comment

Originally posted by RedEyed View Post

> Why are you in this site? You don't like Linux
              I love linux
              But, at my opinion, Linux is not ready for Desktop. It takes much more time to do desktop stuff on linux than on Windows.
              I have the same opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by HEL88 View Post
                Python and Nginx - nice lol .

BTW When WSL arrived I don't need linux any more on my desktop.
                nice the keystroke loggin and the data spying are for free too.

Comment

Seeing how users dropped linux for wsl is just sad. This is the best card that microsoft could have played to kill linux. What were those Es again? Embrance, exploit extinguish?

Comment

Originally posted by leo_sk View Post
                    Seeing how users dropped linux for wsl is just sad. This is the best card that microsoft could have played to kill linux. What were those Es again? Embrance, exploit extinguish?
                    It's not sad, people "dropped linux for wsl" for reasons.
                    Linux is not ready for desktop. There is only 1% of linux users, and most of them use linux for development, or just linux for linux.

The truth is that, many linux users used to use dual boot, now they just trying WSL

Relax, no one will switch to WSL where linux is really the only choise: servers (I mean, everithing that doesn't have GUI: from raspberry pi, home NAS, to HPC)
                    Last edited by RedEyed; 29 September 2021, 05:55 PM.

Comment

WSL is great news for developers who use Linux. I have a Windows 10 PC as well as an Ubuntu 18.04 laptop. WSL works well, for me the only missing tool is ADB over USB.

Perhaps WSL will finally usher in the "Year of Linux desktop". Some GNU/Linux fans might see this is as a blow to their native Linux desktop dreams. My view is that the GNU/Linux desktop is too fragmented to be of value to most users. Now even some developers may stay within Microsoft's environment.

Comment

Working...
                      X