Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NetBSD 9.1 Released With Parallelized Disk Encryption, Better ZFS, X11 Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NetBSD 9.1 Released With Parallelized Disk Encryption, Better ZFS, X11 Improvements

Phoronix: NetBSD 9.1 Released With Parallelized Disk Encryption, Better ZFS, X11 Improvements

Not only is there a new OpenBSD release this week but the NetBSD crew also issued a big update in the form of NetBSD 9.1...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...D-9.1-Released

Wow, ZFS, nice, I had no idea that NetBSD had support for things like that, I thought it was a shit Os, next thing you telling me they got Wayland?

Comment

This is the month of BSD releases it seems!

Comment

Congratulations.

Comment

With FreeBSD releasing 12.2 soon this is the first time I think I have ever seen the three major *BSDs release in the same month since I got into FLOSS operating systems. Would be awesome to see a comparison of OpenBSD, NetBSD, and FreeBSD since all three are seeing new releases. Also, congrats to the NetBSD team. I don't know where I would use it personally in place of OpenBSD or FreeBSD but it does have some niche uses and it is amazing the work it gets done with probably the smallest *BSD team and budget.

Comment

Originally posted by kylew77 View Post
            With FreeBSD releasing 12.2 soon this is the first time I think I have ever seen the three major *BSDs release in the same month since I got into FLOSS operating systems. Would be awesome to see a comparison of OpenBSD, NetBSD, and FreeBSD since all three are seeing new releases. Also, congrats to the NetBSD team. I don't know where I would use it personally in place of OpenBSD or FreeBSD but it does have some niche uses and it is amazing the work it gets done with probably the smallest *BSD team and budget.
            I guess you would use it if you had hardware that neither OoenBSD nor FreeBSD support.

Comment

Working...
            X