Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MidnightBSD 1.2 Brings Package Updates, Security/Bug Fixes

Phoronix: MidnightBSD 1.2 Brings Package Updates, Security/Bug Fixes

MidnightBSD is one of the easy-to-use, desktop-focused BSDs that makes it easy to run GNOME and other desktops like Lumina atop its FreeBSD base. MidnightBSD 1.2 was released on Halloween as an update providing updates to its base system and various fixes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I like the idea of Lumina but it has some major UI problems. I know the idea is to remove "linuxisms" so BSD doesn't have to backport patches from Linux but at the same time I really wish they would work with the LXQt folks who have much better interfaces, file manager and dialogues.

Comment

I saw that on DW this morning, and was interested in downloading a live ISO and giving it a spin. However, this is worth noting from the release announcement, a bit of a show stopper for me in terms of trying it out right away:
      Several issues were reported with the 1.0 release an the LiveCD functionality. These have not been corrected yet. We recommend installing MidnightBSD in a virtual machine to try it out before committing to dedicated hardware with it.
      http://www.midnightbsd.org/notes/

Comment

Working...
      X