Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeBSD Is Looking For Your Feedback To Guide Its Priorities

Phoronix: FreeBSD Is Looking For Your Feedback To Guide Its Priorities

If you are interested in FreeBSD at all, their core team of developers is hoping you will take a few minutes and participate in their survey...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I just put in bogus data that looks serious to screw with them, and sprinkled some suggestions that they should get rid of their CoC. I never even bothered to install their shitty operating system, because it's the least interesting of all BSDs around (and I can't stand their approach to licensing which is somehow worse than how Torvalds handles his kernel).

Fuck NoHugsBSD.

Comment

Originally posted by DoMiNeLa10 View Post
      I just put in bogus data that looks serious to screw with them, and sprinkled some suggestions that they should get rid of their CoC. I never even bothered to install their shitty operating system, because it's the least interesting of all BSDs around (and I can't stand their approach to licensing which is somehow worse than how Torvalds handles his kernel).

Fuck NoHugsBSD.
      That's very childish of you. I don't care about BSD either, except a little bit OpenBSD because it fills a useful niche where there is no real alternative. But that's no reason to deliberately pollute their survey. They are looking how to best cater for their user base, which you or I are obviously not part of, but why being hostile? It's not like they are trying to force anyone to use their stuff or adhere to their philosophy.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post
        but why being hostile?
        Their CoC, specifically the part about hugs. NoHugsBSD became a running joke because of it. If I can make their lives ever so slightly more annoying (and mention why I'm doing it in the survey), I think it's an overall win. I'd be completely indifferent about them if it weren't for their CoC, which is especially awful when compared to other ones (and I completely disagree with the idea, the hostility of free software communities is what I like about them the most).

Comment

Anybody knows why adding a user name to "User settings -> Account -> Ignore list" does not hide their posts?

Comment

They should do more SJW nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by thebear View Post
              Anybody knows why adding a user name to "User settings -> Account -> Ignore list" does not hide their posts?
              Sorry no, but you're not alone it doesn't seem to work for anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by DoMiNeLa10 View Post

Fuck NoHugsBSD.
                Their coc is disastrous. They do often 'consult' but then often ignore because it doesn't fit their agenda. Many have requested better arm support into tier 1... nope. Nope. Nope. Nope, go use netbsd. Yuk.

So you putting in your rather childish feedback won't worry them; their mind's made up they're just looking/hoping for community reinforcement.

Comment

My main problem with all BSD's is the lack of proper virtualization and container systems. I think crippled VirtualBox and jails are all they have. I want something like KVM, Xen, etc, and lxc.

High-performance video drivers are my next problem but admittedly I haven't looked at the current state.

Comment

If they need to ask the community what to do next, it means they've become irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
                    X