Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeNAS 11.2 Released With Modern Web Interface, Improved Jails

Phoronix: FreeNAS 11.2 Released With Modern Web Interface, Improved Jails

A new release of the FreeBSD+ZFS-based network attached storage operating system, FreeNAS, is now available for this platform developed by iXsystems...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-11.2-Released

FYI, if you wish to update, you have to switch to the 11.2-Stable update trian. For some reason, the new version is not accessible via 11-Stable but remains at 11.1 for now..

Comment

the old interface was a bit clunky but it did the job. Time to update and see what they did.

Comment

I'll be taking a fresh backup tonight, and trying it out after. Just remember to back up those configs.

Comment

We switched to OpenMediaVault some years ago and never looked back.
          Not that I dont wish FreeNAS the best, just I never see OMV updates on phronix; despite many major new releases.

Comment

Is FreeNAS as hacky as OMV?
            I am currently using OMV and have to work around so many inconsistencies and errors. It's almost not worth the benefit of having a GUI, compared to completely setting up a NAS/Cloud/Media server by oneself.

Comment

Originally posted by elvenbone View Post
              I am currently using OMV and have to work around so many inconsistencies and errors. It's almost not worth the benefit of having a GUI, compared to completely setting up a NAS/Cloud/Media server by oneself.
              Give it a try and see for yourself. it is hard to express the experience in a forum post. I am quite happy with it personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevelyan View Post
                We switched to OpenMediaVault some years ago and never looked back.
                Not that I dont wish FreeNAS the best, just I never see OMV updates on phronix; despite many major new releases.
                AFAICT it only supports ZFS through a plugin, and.... I'd greatly prefer ZFS-on-BSD over ZFS-on-Linux. :/

Comment

Originally posted by elvenbone View Post
                  No it's not hacky. I've never had to connect to ssh to do random shit unlike with OMV.

Comment

Gave up on FreeNAS awhile back. Freezing under load. Tried different motherboards, different NIC's, different drives, same result.

Tried all the others and found out I didn't need NAS as badly as I thought.

Comment

Working...
                    X