Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celebrating 25 Years Of Work, NetBSD 8.0 RC1 Officially Released With USB3 & UEFI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celebrating 25 Years Of Work, NetBSD 8.0 RC1 Officially Released With USB3 & UEFI

Phoronix: Celebrating 25 Years Of Work, NetBSD 8.0 RC1 Officially Released With USB3 & UEFI

Last week I wrote about the NetBSD 8.0 RC1 images being available and the changes coming in this big update to this popular BSD platform. This morning that official NetBSD 8.0 RC1 announcement was issued...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm surprised to find out that previous versions of NetBSD did not support USB 3.0. At least NetBSD supports UEFI. I don't see a need to switch to legacy BIOS mode these days.

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
      I'm surprised to find out that previous versions of NetBSD did not support USB 3.0. At least NetBSD supports UEFI. I don't see a need to switch to legacy BIOS mode these days.
      None too soon too. Intel plans to sunset legacy BIOS mode by 2020.

Comment

Working...
      X