Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeBSD Finally Gets Mitigated For Spectre & Meltdown

Phoronix: FreeBSD Finally Gets Mitigated For Spectre & Meltdown

Landing in FreeBSD today was the mitigation work for the Meltdown and Spectre CPU vulnerabilities...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

.....surprised if they end up shipping a new stable point release soon.
    the 12? oh yes... on 2019

Comment

This is hilarious.

FreeBSD Core has turned into the laughingstock of the operating system world by forcing their wacko SJW Code of Conduct on the community while Meltdown and Spectre remained unpatched.

Nothing more than a damage control PR move.

Not a good week for FreeBSD and it is all self-inflicted.

A close to 500 post frontpage Slashdot story of people stating they want nothing to do with FreeBSD due to the SJW CoC fiasco.

"Hey, we are already painfully understaffed. What should we do?"
      "I know! Let's ram a nutty SJW Code of Conduct down the community's throats while the two biggest Internet security threats remain unpatched!"
      "Great idea!"
      Last edited by BeardedGNUFreak; 17 February 2018, 07:59 PM.

Comment

I do not use "plain" FreeBSD myself. It is however in for example pfSense and OPNsense. I like that there are alternatives , but the code of conduct is absolutely crazy, and actually I find it offensive! . People are getting way too sensitive just about anything these days.

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedGNUFreak View Post
          This is hilarious.

FreeBSD Core has turned into the laughingstock of the operating system world by forcing their wacko SJW Code of Conduct on the community while Meltdown and Spectre remained unpatched.

Nothing more than a damage control PR move.

Not a good week for FreeBSD and it is all self-inflicted.

A close to 500 post frontpage Slashdot story of people stating they want nothing to do with FreeBSD due to the SJW CoC fiasco.

"Hey, we are already painfully understaffed. What should we do?"
          "I know! Let's ram a nutty SJW Code of Conduct down the community's throats while the two biggest Internet security threats remain unpatched!"
          "Great idea!"
          I was going to make a comment about how the CoC was forced down the throat of the community years ago at this point, but looked it up and dammit... now I have to give you an upvote. WTF...

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedGNUFreak View Post
            if the flaming shitposters at Slashdot (and also you) are against it i kinda start to like that CoC.

For those interested, it's here, in all its glory. https://www.freebsd.org/internal/cod...duct.html?utm=

Comment

I thought FreeBSD did a CoC years ago. What exactly changed?
              More importantly, what does it have to do with Meltdown mitigation?

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                They did. The old good FreeBSD Code of Conduct:

The most important principal that was driving the SJWs nuts is now gone:

"Try not to take offense where no offense was intended."

In other words there was a complete ban on Professional Victims' ability cry harassment over anything and everything. The FreeBSD SJW Code of Conduct of course removes that ban and essentially gives the green light for them to cry harassment over any one they consider an ideological enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                  if the flaming shitposters at Slashdot (and also you) are against it i kinda start to like that CoC.

For those interested, it's here, in all its glory. https://www.freebsd.org/internal/cod...duct.html?utm=
                  No one cares.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                    Watch the Video http://lunduke.com/2018/02/15/freebs...-virtual-hugs/

Comment

Working...
                    X