Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Time For The Annual Thanksgiving Event To Support Our Linux Testing, Benchmarking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried twice to pay with paypal but always get "Your account information has changed. Either you clicked "Pay" more than once but the original transfer was already made, or you just received money. To check, please view your account History and make sure you want to perform this transaction." (and no charge is made or added to my account).

Anyone else seeing this problem?

Comment

I've been reading Phoronix for years. I figured it was finally time to pay up. Lifetime is is!

Comment

Originally posted by grigi View Post
        It isn't about the cost, but the convenience. PayPal is incredibly inconvenient. This is literally the only thing I have ever used PayPal for, and likely the only thing I'll ever use it for.
        I guess it's a matter of preference. Personally I use PayPal for almost everything and find it extremely convenient.
        Rob
        email: [email protected]

Comment

Appreciate the offer Michael but I prefer to pay the full price. Really appreciate your hard work and you sure deserve a holiday!

Unfortunately I can't really enjoy the benefits of premium subscription as I find it inconvenient to login to forums every time I want ad-free experience.
          Even when I log in to forums, one of my extensions (ghostery, disconnect, privacy badger and few others) must be blocking the cookie used to authenticate me as a premium user.
          That's why I pay for the annual membership but use ad-block.
          Last edited by dagger; 23 November 2016, 06:20 AM.
          Rob
          email: [email protected]

Comment

Hey Michael,

of course I do appreciate your work and I feel like I'll get premium this time. But please, why don't you take a few days/weeks of? Just get a trustful co-writer and you should be fine. It's really bad for health not to have holidays or weekends. Also how could you enjoy life if you're always online? O.o

Comment

Originally posted by dagger View Post

I guess it's a matter of preference. Personally I use PayPal for almost everything and find it extremely convenient.
              I agree, I love it and I think it is usually way more convenient than go grabbing your wallet and finding a card, type the numbers and worry about card fraud, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by dagger View Post
                Appreciate the offer Michael but I prefer to pay the full price. Really appreciate your hard work and you sure deserve a holiday!

Unfortunately I can't really enjoy the benefits of premium subscription as I find it inconvenient to login to forums every time I want ad-free experience.
                Even when I log in to forums, one of my extensions (ghostery, disconnect, privacy badger and few others) must be blocking the cookie used to authenticate me as a premium user.
                That's why I pay for the annual membership but use ad-block.
                1. If you want to pay the full amount, I'm sure Michael happily accepts it. Tipping (and at the same time ask for specific articles) is also an alternative.
                2. You can greenlight specific sites, I have ghostery and adblock, and I'm not seeing these issues. I'm automatically logged in for about a month without having to visit the forum. I remember than Michael extended the cookie/session time quite a lot. I recommend finding and fixing the issue so you can enjoy single-page articles, that is a huge difference for me. I've been a premium member for a couple of years as well.

Comment

Originally posted by grigi View Post
                  It isn't about the cost, but the convenience. PayPal is incredibly inconvenient. This is literally the only thing I have ever used PayPal for, and likely the only thing I'll ever use it for.
                  #BadFaith
                  Send a check it is much more convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by Las_ View Post
                    "simply 1. register for the..."

I think you're missing the '2.' Michael
                    The HTML tag for it was messed up, fixed. Thanks.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Wow, not a single week end of break over one year. Michael without people like you, Linux wouldn't be where it is. People who involve all their time for a cause like this, are the people who can not be replaced and people who changes the world for a better place.
                      Your site is a goldmine of information, huge thanks for all your excellent and objective way of working. PST is really a big achievement on top of your website.

Comment

Working...
                      X