The (No) Phoronix Oktoberfest 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Michael,

greetings from Munich :-) since most breweries from Munich have their own blend of Oktoberfestbier: any preferences? I don't drink beer myself, so I need some pointers...my family and friends like Augustiner, but I have no idea if their Oktoberfestbier is any good. I can ask, if you like...
    Also: how do you get food/beverages through US customs?

Comment

okay, first post and already a fail: you already wrote that it should be Augustiner Oktoberfestbier. So, the only question remains: how to get it through US customs?

Comment

Originally posted by chronowerx View Post
        okay, first post and already a fail: you already wrote that it should be Augustiner Oktoberfestbier. So, the only question remains: how to get it through US customs?
        Why get it through customs?! Think bigger! ... Tell Trump and Clinton - doesn't really matter who of them two you're talking to - oil has been found in the Bavarian Alps together with WMDs of the old NAZI regime and that the snow on the Alps isn't snow, but has melted a long time ago and it's actually mountains of cocaine destined for the US. Wait for the invasion and once it eventually turns out to be false have a beer or two with the locals!

Comment

Michael, if you really want to taste very very good beer, I can recommend strongly this new german beer:

Bierspezialität gesucht? 15 Sorten Craft Beer im Wikinger Design! Gebraut mit Hirn, Herz & Heavy Metal in Wacken. Probiere jetzt die riesen Auswahl,…

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
            Considering the increased risk of a terror attack on an event big as the Oktoberfest is it simply smart to have a beer at home.
            Yeah, let's just never go out again.
            Ever.
            Besides to the next election. And vote for those who tell us this scary stuff but then pamper us with more surveillance*cough* security measures. Thank god!

Comment

Wait for the invasion
              How dare you, calling it an invasion!
              It is called the bavarian liberation, and highly necessary due to the dictatorship of the csu and their despot Horst.

Comment

Considering the increased risk of a terror attack on an event big as the Oktoberfest is it simply smart to have a beer at home.
                Don't fall for that terrorism bullshit. It's just a ploy by the government to get more money for their idiotic security theater and illegal mass surveillance.

Comment

Originally posted by nils_ View Post
                  Don't fall for that terrorism bullshit. It's just a ploy by the government to get more money for their idiotic security theater and illegal mass surveillance.
                  Well, there is bullshit and there is terrorism, but regardless of what one may think is it not about me or you. No. I don't want to see Michael, and consequently Phoronix, getting blown up by the IS.

Comment

"Or any other interesting "fest" beer, I'd grant it too, even if it's a really good American micro-brew."

We have several micro-brews in town. I will email a list to choose from.

Comment

Well, there is bullshit and there is terrorism, but regardless of what one may think is it not about me or you. No. I don't want to see Michael, and consequently Phoronix, getting blown up by the IS.
                      Well if fear of IS and similar ilk keep you from having fun they have already won. Although going through an international airport will also give you that feeling

Comment

Working...
                      X