Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Year-End Linux Tests Would You Like To See For 2015?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Postgresql on win2008 vs debian/ubuntu, or different major postgresql releases on debian/ubuntu would really be interesting to me!

Comment

Graphics emulation on ARM (Quemu,KVM or whatever works on ARM now). Since Open Source Graphics are at sad state on ARM, maybe emulating it on ARM cpu is better? Meaning - Is it possible to have completely Open-Source ARM even if it's through virtualization for day-to day use (even if games are impossible).

Comment

HEVC Main 10 - 50/60 fps - 4k, at least 30 mbps on different CPUs with mpv. Maybe with mpv/DXVA2 on Windows and Nvidia 9xx/Intel Broadwell/Skylake. AMD does not support Main 10 profile, not even in hybrid mode for any OS. Nice test because thats what you need for live tv broadcast (i would use Kodi, but mpv is simpler to benchmark).

Comment

Originally posted by SethDusek View Post
          Wayland Weston vs Xorg benchmarks for the Raspberry Pi (I heard weston has a backend specifically for the rpi which results in better performance)
          This would be interesting, although I have no clue how to "benchmark" something like this.

I want some Wayland benchmarks!

Comment

First, a year review of the achievements of each driver (Freedreno, Intel, Nouveau, R600g, RadeonSI, AMDGPU), for example, we got OpenGL 4, AMPGPU got Power Play, Freedreno works on more boards, Nouveau reclock improved a lot, etc...

Secondly, the performance in the beginning of the year against the git/svn/head/master version of each driver, so one can see how it improve along the year

Comment

WEll, if it's a 2015 round up, then it might be a good idea to benchmark mesa releases that got out this year, or Wine releases this year.

Comment

More tests on old hardware and new distributions with open-source drivers (like GMA4500, 2009 mini-mac, AGP cards ...)

Comment

Originally posted by Aisyk View Post
                  More tests on old hardware and new distributions with open-source drivers (like GMA4500, 2009 mini-mac, AGP cards ...)
                  I don't have any hardware like that...
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I have some AGP cards (Radeon 3650, Geforce 6600)...

Comment

Working...
                    X