No announcement yet.

Phoronix Forums Upgraded: Mobile + HTTPS Friendly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm.. when i tried https it showed a (soft) warning in chrome, and it didn't have spdy enabled. why not just enable cloudflare again? it gives a proper ssl cert, and spdy support.

Comment

suggestion: the below numerical pages panel could be also placed at the top so to go directly to the preferred page ?
      Last edited by Azrael5; 09 May 2015, 06:08 AM.

Comment

The page selectors in the bottom doesn't work (those in the top does). Quoting does not work. Clicking the 'toggle advanced editor' button does nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
          The page selectors in the bottom doesn't work (those in the top does). Quoting does not work. Clicking the 'toggle advanced editor' button does nothing.

Perhaps depend on the browser u are using.

Comment

Love the new theme, hopefully we will be able to use avatars?

PS: When using HTTPS you can not post any reply, known bug?
            Thanks for this! i hated the old forum.

Comment

The new forum theme may need a little more green and less gray. Ignoring that, the upgrade is a huge improvement! Using chrome on desktop or android, javascript enabled of course. Finally, browsing the forums is no longer a major PITA on my android device. Investing some time to fix ads and some minor issues is worth it IMO.

The footer says "All times are GMT2", which probably is a typo and supposed to be "GMT+2". However, TheSoulz's post shows as "01:56 PM", and right now it's 01:27 PM. So maybe it's GMT+3, not GMT+2?

Edit: Yeah, my post shows as 02:27 PM (sane people would probably call that 14:27), and that is GMT+3, since GMT is 11:27. BTW, it's now called UTC, not GMT.
              Last edited by Isedonde; 09 May 2015, 07:29 AM.

Comment

1. javascript:
                Why is it required to login!? just because of the *dumb* slide-down effect I don't see JS a requirement.
                The page switching at the bottom requires JS too, fortunately/(and inconsistently, also inconsistently looking) the one at the top does not.
                2. In HTTPS logging-in is not possible, it only slides down a few millimeters, that javascript-requiring ****.
                More data can be acquired if the user enables javascript and this makes him more trackable.
                3. Searching in HTTPS pops up a message saying some data is sent not over HTTPS/unencrypted.
                These issues came up instantly.

Comment

Some people should educate them selves about Javascript here. The tinfoil madness is getting out of hand allready. If you have no idea what you are talking about then please refrain from posting...

Comment

Not mobile friendly at all. Previous one was OK. This very one sucks.
                    Have you tried it with a mobile phone in portrait mode? Don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Uqbar View Post
                      Not mobile friendly at all. Previous one was OK. This very one sucks.
                      Have you tried it with a mobile phone in portrait mode? Don't think so.
                      In your opinion, im using it right now on my tablet and its awesome.

Comment

Working...
                      X