No announcement yet.

Phoronix Forums Upgraded: Mobile + HTTPS Friendly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate the theme, but improvements were promised, so.. - most everything is broken with JS disabled: quick reply, preview, login button, the page-number-buttons at the bottom... - after posting a reply I get the "nodeid" JSON page - I really miss "New topics", "Today's topics" is no replacement - no thread has the "go to unread" anymore. This is a dealbreaker, if I have to find out manually where I was I will stop visiting the forums

Comment

Oh, editing is broken, and newlines in my post were ignored. vBulletin, this amount of regressions is unacceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
        I hate the theme, but improvements were promised, so.. - most everything is broken with JS disabled: quick reply, preview, login button, the page-number-buttons at the bottom... - after posting a reply I get the "nodeid" JSON page - I really miss "New topics", "Today's topics" is no replacement - no thread has the "go to unread" anymore. This is a dealbreaker, if I have to find out manually where I was I will stop visiting the forums
        Weird, editing works fine for me so far. Disabling JS on any modern website is like trying to run a car without oil, so no surprise a lot of features are broken for you.

I noticed the site scrolled to the last message I read when returning to a topic. Not sure if that is not working for you.

Edit: Editing seems to work fine
        Last edited by Aeder; 09 May 2015, 04:55 AM. Reason: Corrected my sentence

Comment

From desktop: nice theme, and much cleaner than before.

You might want to make the font of the avatar box smaller.
          Then you could enable more posts on one page, which would result in less webserver load.

Comment

This theme reminds me on Windows, i hate tiles and so much js... well i just might not be modern at all

edit: just test ignore

Last edited by dungeon; 09 May 2015, 05:16 AM.

Comment

on firefox nightly
              when i first got to this topic, it took a while for the page to load fully and i couldn't scroll down until it stopped loading
              then the page selection buttons didn't work (the page didn't update, the number in the url changed)
              when i logged in to post this, the page froze and iotop showed dozens of megabytes being written

now it suddenly works fine
              il post if it happens again

PS
              i like the new things
              the members pics on the left are kind of cliche and i think it could do without, but w/e
              Last edited by gens; 09 May 2015, 05:27 AM.

Comment

The login area is completely broken in https

image hosting above 5 mb

The page buttons at the bottom isn't great, after changing page the highlighted button is still the old page. A refresh is needed to see correct page.
                I don't like that the cursor is replaced with the spinning one, it feels like the browser has freezed or something, the gray theme makes it hard to see
                that the window have not been "greyed" out.

I would suggest you taking a look at Discourse or Vanilla Forums. Out of modern forum software those are the only one that have been working good.
                NodeBB is nearly there but is still a bit buggy, however it have improved a lot lately.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                  Issues:

1) Login doesn't work with JS disabled.
                  2) Quick reply works weirdly: the page doesn't get updated after posting instead the forum tries to give me a JSON file to download (it contains: "{"nodeId":799791}"). The same problem with Quick Edit (it gives me an empty JSON file []).
                  3) Please give as a dark/black theme.
                  4) Is there a way to disable custom forum fonts?

Otherwise it's looking great.
                  Even with JS enabled but over https it doesn't work so well...
                  RBEU #1000000000 - Registered Bad English User

Comment

Originally posted by Aeder View Post

Weird, editing works fine for me so far. Disabling JS on any modern website is like trying to run a car without oil, so no surprise a lot of features are broken for you.

I noticed the site scrolled to the last message I read when returning to a topic. Not sure if that is not working for you.

Edit: Editing seems to work fine
                    JS is a security problem, I only run it when I must on from sites I trust and I trust no site.
                    RBEU #1000000000 - Registered Bad English User

Comment

The forums don't seem to load now (opera mini on android 4.2).

Looks great in Firefox on mobile.

Comment

Working...
                      X