No announcement yet.

Phoronix Forums Upgraded: Mobile + HTTPS Friendly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear at least the mobile stuff is working better... But wasn't expecting so many headaches as currently experiencing in getting basic functionality (the rest of Phoronix, the "new topics", etc), ads, integrated....
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I really like the change, though I do think the color scheme could be better. I wonder if you had considered Discourse? I realize you are a PHP guy, and Discourse is Ruby on Rails based Javascript app, but it is trying to rethink forum software, and it kinda makes anything else feel outdated.

Thanks for all the hard work regardless.

Comment

Wow, the forum looks great. Great job on the website server migration and forum update. May I request a feature? I would like a button to take you to the first unread post. The forum link for the article used to do that before the upgrade but I would like the button to be in the forum itself. Or is there feature there and I missed it?

Comment

Liking the theme...good job Michael!

Comment

Is there some way to make the text bigger? When I zoom it just makes it too wide, and it's hard to track.

It doesn't help that it's black on white which I find really hard to read in general, and especially with smaller text sizes. (I'm using 2560x1440)

Comment

So no threaded view(very important to me), but will it fix problem with login(the need to visit forums before being logon on main site), because when I was a premium member and clicked on rss link there were ads on the site, it's a bit pointless to pay for premium only to get a free user treatment.

Also when posted this comment over https, I got a json page instead of a post
              Last edited by sobkas; 09 May 2015, 03:52 AM.
              RBEU #1000000000 - Registered Bad English User

Comment

A few bugs/issues I have noticed:
                • Login form does not appear when you are reading a topic and click on the "Login or sign up" button. It only appears when you got to the forum front page.
                • phoronix.com/forums/forum/phoronix looks very redundant, phoronix.com/forums would be a lot nicer and does not stretch out the URL so much.
                • Since the URL's changed, I hope the old URL's still keep working, otherwise you risk losing a lot of Google ranking.

Otherwise good job! The forum now is readable on a phone.

Comment

A json reply:
                  {"nodeId":799789}

Also editing doesn't work while over https
                  Last edited by sobkas; 09 May 2015, 03:59 AM.
                  RBEU #1000000000 - Registered Bad English User

Comment

Issues:

1) Login doesn't work with JS disabled.
                    2) Quick reply works weirdly: the page doesn't get updated after posting instead the forum tries to give me a JSON file to download (it contains: "{"nodeId":799791}"). The same problem with Quick Edit (it gives me an empty JSON file []).
                    3) Please give as a dark/black theme.
                    4) Is there a way to disable custom forum fonts?

Otherwise it's looking great.
                    Last edited by birdie; 09 May 2015, 04:19 AM.

Comment

The new graphical environment of the phoronix blog is AMAZING . My compliment.

Comment

Working...
                      X