Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, being the Christmas season and all, I'm reminded of this:

Comment

You guys complaining about the wiring here really don't want to see my old crypto mining setup... Michael's wiring isn't gonna catch anything on fire unless a connector is somehow damaged. The wiring in the walls are made to take at least twice as much current as the breaker does before tripping, and as long as he doesn't exceed ~2100 watts, he won't ever have to worry about tripping the breaker. I still think this needs more extensions cords and spliced wires though.

Comment

I was just watching that 2 hours ago. lol

Originally posted by GDJacobs View Post
        Also, being the Christmas season and all, I'm reminded of this:

Comment

Originally posted by GDJacobs View Post
          I think a big concern is the weird contraption you've got on the wall plug. To me, every one of those plug connections is a potential failure point for up to 15A of current.

Any chance of finding a good PDU on sale at Amazon instead?
          What weird contraption? If it's the picture from this thread, that is NOT my system...
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            What weird contraption? If it's the picture from this thread, that is NOT my system...
            I was staring at that picture thinking how unusual it was that you had put German-style power wiring (the adapters on the first page definitely look European) into a midwest house.

I guess the radiators should have been a clue
            Test signature

Comment

sry, but this goes straight to /r/cablegore

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                I was staring at that picture thinking how unusual it was that you had put German-style power wiring (the adapters on the first page definitely look European) into a midwest house.

I guess the radiators should have been a clue
                It did kind of look strange, but for some reason I thought it was a less common connector, maybe a 120V NEMA twist lock. Pie on my face, I guess.

At least the house and local fire marshall will both be happy.

Comment

Starting to get a Serial Experiments Lain feeling to things Congrats Michael.

Comment

Working...
                  X