X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting a little offtopic here...

Comment

Honton was already banned before

I think we all know Honton used to post under a different username before, and came back as Honton. There's not really any reason to think another ban would be any more effective, unless Michael uses an IP address to block him.

Anyway, while it's true most people do occasionally derail threads every now and then, Honton does it in virtually every thread he posts in, and they are all basically copy/paste jobs of his previous posts. He never says anything new, just repeats himself over and over again. For that reason, I'd support a ban.

But like i said, it won't really matter. He'll just come back again.
      Last edited by smitty3268; 03 March 2014, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
        Anyway, while it's true most people do occasionally derail threads every now and then, Honton does it in virtually every thread he posts in, and they are all basically copy/paste jobs of his previous posts. He never says anything new, just repeats himself over and over again. For that reason, I'd support a ban.
        This, if he was actually derailing threads into productive conversations that are actually interesting and exploring a topic that'd be one thing, but all he ever does is complain about Qt, KDE, and anything not GNOME or GNOME supported with the same old tired and disingenuous arguments that he repeats over and over and over again which have been debunked again and again and again, which would mean that he's really just flamebaiting not really wanting to debate the point.

Comment

BUMP

At least give him a mark of shame that says "Do Not Feed" where it currently says "Senior Member".

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
            BUMP

At least give him a mark of shame that says "Do Not Feed" where it currently says "Senior Member".
            I so much second this idea.

Comment

I myself are guilty of arguing with Honton much to often. I don't expect Honton to be banned, seeing the track record of moderation on Phoronix (which is actually a sad thing to say about a site/forum that tries to count as being professional).
              So maybe we should just go ahead, do some self-moderation and just all add him to the ignore-list. I have done that now and hope that many people will follow, which would effectively be at least some weak form of banning him. Though I am pretty sure if that happens he will just open another account, just as he has done with his transition from funkStar to Honton.

Comment

The amount of bumping in this thread is ridiculous and only shows how little everyone else cares about it.

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
                  The amount of bumping in this thread is ridiculous and only shows how little everyone else cares about it.
                  well I wouldn't necessarily say that, there's just simply nothing to discuss here. Honton is a fantroll, this much is self-evident.

It's not like when Q was taken down where censorship could actually be argued and who wasn't trolling all of the time that said his attacks on bridgman, his ranting about LSD, and his german nationalism were tiresome to read particularly when packaged in messages competing with Drashek, but at least that wasn't all that Q posted so an argument against him being banned could have been made.

With Honton I'd be for a ban if I thought it was going to be effective. I don't. This was already tried once when he was calling himself FunkStar, problem is he came back and I'm rather indifferent to trying again and playing a game of whack the mole, instead we should just ignore his extremely asinine comments and he'll eventually grow bored and leave when he realizes he can no longer get a rise out of anyone.

Comment

funkStar wasn't banned, he just left and some time later came back as Honton. I doubt this will be different with Honton.

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
                      funkStar wasn't banned, he just left and some time later came back as Honton. I doubt this will be different with Honton.
                      ah, it had been mentioned before that he got banned so I had assumed that they were right. I didn't really bother checking in on whether it was true or not because beyond him being an irritant and causing people that I'm not interested in putting on my ignore list responding to him I really couldn't care less about him as an individual

Comment

Working...
                      X