Ad-Blocker??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ad-Blocker??

I have one of these, yes... The Internet has become a big mall center and is annoying, but i have an exception to certain sites, including this, but since some days ago, it seems that the message shows even with the blocker off...

Probably someone might want to check things. I've disabled ublock origin on the site, and disabled the router ad-blocker on phoronix.com. (screenshoot taken with router ad-blocking off for every site).

no_idont.jpg

I went to the trouble of logging into the forums because of that pop-up, but it keeps telling me that I need to join premium (while my subscription is valid until 2100) while reading articles.

EDIT: Fixed by making sure to check "remember me" to apply the login to phoronix.com also.
    Last edited by leesteken; 16 March 2024, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by leesteken View Post
      I went to the trouble of logging into the forums because of that pop-up, but it keeps telling me that I need to join premium (while my subscription is valid until 2100) while reading articles.
      Did you check 'remember me' when logging into the forums? It shouldn't load any external JS / ads when logged in.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Did you check 'remember me' when logging into the forums? It shouldn't load any external JS / ads when logged in.
        Thank you for taking the time. I did not know that was necessary because I usually never login. I updated the auto-login to help me remember this. Thanks!

Comment

Do we really need this much advertisements at once?

image.png

Comment

Forget it, local ISP has issues with some AD providers because of DOS attack. Yup, it seems the site have lots of ads nowadays, but that's life ¯\_(ツ)_/¯​

Comment

The ads on this site are excessive. It's much faster to click on "continue without supporting" than it is to wait for all the ads to load. Some of the ads show a pop-up that blocks most of the page anyway, so there is no incentive to not block ads.

I would be happy to not block ads, but the ads break the site, so I have little choice. I am debating becoming a premium member, though.

Comment

Turned my ad-blocker off to try and support this site and immediately turned it back on. That was beyond obnoxious.
                I'm sure most reasonable people are happy to allow ads that are safe, and relatively unobtrusive but what appeared on my screen was neither.
                Sorry Phoronix, but you'll need to do better to get my ad revenue. Perhaps reconsider your advertising partners? Or adjust your premium pricing as it is probably about twice as expensive as it should be (at least for me to seriously consider it, but I appreciate others will have a differing opinion).

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X