No announcement yet.

I'm new, unapproved comments and manual Dismiss notifications are frustrating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new, unapproved comments and manual Dismiss notifications are frustrating

When I make comments they are unapproved for days. At this point discussion from others goes pages and nobody sees my comment, until its over. What's the point of it then? This is quiet a frustrating experience.
    Also when I click on the notification for a new forum post under Message Center > Notifications, the Notification won't dismissed automatically, until I visit the page back and click Dismiss manually.

The mod queue is automatic for spam bot reasons for new users first 5 posts. Looks like you're now at 5.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Oh, thanks for the explanation. Now my post turns into ironic post, if the fifth post removes the manual approval. So its no longer an issue. But what about my second point? Is this behavior working as expected or is something not working correctly on my end? I would like to have the notification automatically dismissed once I click on the message to open the forum post.

Comment

Originally posted by byteabit View Post
        Is this behavior working as expected or is something not working correctly on my end? I would like to have the notification automatically dismissed once I click on the message to open the forum post.
        Welcome to the forum. I believe what you are seeing is normal behaviour, ie you have to manually dismiss the notification even if you click on the associated post.
        Test signature

Comment

I think there is just a bug in the implementation because sometimes when I read a new post it gets automatically dismissed. Most of the time not though.
          My workflow is, open all new stuff in new tabs and then dismiss all.

Comment

I noticed this too, but was not sure about. Or does it get dismissed after a certain period of time "reading" the page, when clicked through the notification link? I thought maybe this is a collision with my browser configuration and extensions. Edit: BTW it just happened here too, with this notification. After reloading this page, the notification is gone automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by byteabit View Post
              Or does it get dismissed after a certain period of time "reading" the page, when clicked through the notification link?
              I couldn't find a clear cause. I have a feeling that quoted posts stay but not all others disappear.

In my current browser there is only µBlockOrigin active so nothing should interfere with javascript.

Comment

Hmm okay. Would you please respond without a quote then? I'll test it out. Edit: BTW the notification just went away after I made a reply here.

Comment

Test

Edit: Yes replies seem to trigger the automatism more often, but I'm not sure it's the only way.
                  Strange indeed.

Comment

Success

Thanks! Well, at least that's something I guess. Edit: Yes, Auto-Dismiss notification after a respond seems to be consistently working. Makes sense too. I'll keep an eye and report if I notice something else.
                    Last edited by byteabit; 04 March 2024, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X