Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phoronix Premium Cyber Week Sale For Ad-Free, Single Page Articles & Native Dark Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Premium Cyber Week Sale For Ad-Free, Single Page Articles & Native Dark Mode

Phoronix: Phoronix Premium Cyber Week Sale For Ad-Free, Single Page Articles & Native Dark Mode

If you enjoy the original content on Phoronix each and every day covering Linux hardware, performance, open-source news, and more, you can show your support this holiday season. Phoronix depends upon advertisements to operate and thus those using ad-blockers only hurts and limits the ability to continue this nearly 20 year journey of covering Linux hardware. By joining Phoronix Premium you can show your support while enjoying the site ad-free, multi-page articles on a single page, native dark mode support, and other benefits...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Phoronix is well worth supporting, keep up the good work!

Another poke Michael though... customizable forum avatars for premium members? Maybe?

Comment

Hi Michael. I just wanted to add in my thanks for all of the work you do. I often browse initially without logging in, but do use an ad blocker. I did the lifetime membership in the past and have tossed some additional your way as well, simply because this site gives me so much enjoyment and value. Not sure what my morning coffee would be like without Phoronix. I have learned so much reading here and digesting the comments, exercising my critical thinking "muscles" to try and sort out signal from noise, opinions from facts (and btw, I often see (what appear as) conflicting opinions as having validity, just different takes - not to say sometimes some opinions just seem pretty far off.) Anyway, all really good stuff and much appreciated!

Comment

I just wished the forum had a dark mode as well

Comment

Originally posted by Termy View Post
          I just wished the forum had a dark mode as well
          Not exactly the same but you can use Dark Reader for this and other websites.

Comment

I'm gonna pop in another year Michael when I get off work later tonight. As always appreciate the site and what you do. Looking forward to that FreeBSD performance article you talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by subiduby View Post

Yeah, i do - unfortunately, the native dark mode looks better on the normal pages - and dark reader doesn't really make it easy to apply it only certain URIs...

Comment

Thumbs up for sale, it seems likely to me to be a win-win situation, possibly convincing additional people to get Premium (that otherwise wouldn't do it).

Originally posted by subiduby View Post

This is unavailable in most Android browsers and it deviates from the native experience. Also, the reply box doesn't get inverted so it's piercingly bright regardless. :/ I was a bit disappointed when I learned that only the news section had dark mode (I'm on Premium) and that extensions can't fully "darkify" the forum. Hopefully, there is an interest in implementing the feature.

Dark mode extensions do require additional resources and sometimes there's funny behaviour (that's isn't actually funny). On desktop I use Dark Reader (it's a life-saver), but it's really just a workaround to a problem that I wish was eliminated by now (considering how easy it is to implement a dark mode theme option, especially on websites).

Personally, I get physical discomfort (due to a condition) in the eye region (sort of like a "stabby" headache in correlation with the brightness intensity or whiteness). So to some people it's more than a preference (which, by the way, I also fully support).
                Last edited by Eudyptula; 21 November 2023, 07:03 PM.

Comment

What happens with lifetime accounts if somebody got banned for trolling?
                  Will the the unused percent of payment be returned, based on expected lifetime(or average or anything ;-)?

Comment

Originally posted by evil_core View Post
                    What happens with lifetime accounts if somebody got banned for trolling?
                    Will the the unused percent of payment be returned, based on expected lifetime(or average or anything ;-)?
                    Man those trolls are getting lazier every minute.
                    Obviously you want to troll with a second unpaid account to avoid such things from happening.

Comment

Working...
                    X