Go Ad-Free & Single Page Articles With The Phoronix 2023 Oktoberfest Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Ad-Free & Single Page Articles With The Phoronix 2023 Oktoberfest Sale

Phoronix: Go Ad-Free & Single Page Articles With The Phoronix 2023 Oktoberfest Sale

While there is (sadly) once again no Phoronix pilgrimage/meet-up at Oktoberfest this year, there is the annual Phoronix Premium sale special for those wishing to support the site at a discounted rate to enjoy ad-free viewing, multi-page articles on a single page, native dark mode, and other benefits...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

On the topic of subscriptions, would you consider providing subscribers with full article RSS feeds?

Comment

Would it be possible to pay for the discounted subscription on a monthly basis? Or maybe every 3 months?

Comment

Originally posted by unixpoet View Post
        On the topic of subscriptions, would you consider providing subscribers with full article RSS feeds?
        That's still an active issue/matter for handling authentication... Short of creating a unique URL for each user and making sure it's not abused. And that some RSS readers have problems loading the SVG graphs of benchmark results. But it's one I am still thinking about.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Custom avatars for paying users would be a nice touch!

Comment

Originally posted by zexelon View Post
            Custom avatars for paying users would be a nice touch!
            Will take a look at how feasible that is with the forum software, thanks!
            Michael Larabel

Comment

I want to subscribe, but there's no way to properly do that from where I live.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

That's still an active issue/matter for handling authentication... Short of creating a unique URL for each user and making sure it's not abused. And that some RSS readers have problems loading the SVG graphs of benchmark results. But it's one I am still thinking about.

Subscriber-unique URLs is how other sites do this, yes, like Ars Technica. My personal opinion is that client bugs shouldn't stop you providing a feature (and indeed it may motivate patches!), but you do what you think is best

Comment

Michael I just sent you $10. Allow yourself a beer. Prost! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by baka0815 View Post
                    Michael I just sent you $10. Allow yourself a beer. Prost! ;-)
                    Thanks, prost!
                    Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
                    X