X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chilly
    replied
    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    Looking at your results on line, your macpro is using OGL 2.0. I'm not quite sure as how you figure OGL is "disabling".
    Probably should have been more specific, the OpenGL 2.0 Shaders (GLSL) provide a dramatic improvement during the benchmark. During the benchmark I hit the esc button, navigate to video, turn this option on and see a night/day improvement (from 20fps to around 100fps+). BTW UrbanTerror is running fine and so is X-Plane.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Looking at your results on line, your macpro is using OGL 2.0. I'm not quite sure as how you figure OGL is "disabling".

Leave a comment:

• Chilly
    replied
    You must change to the directory you extracted the test suite to and then run it from that folder i.e. from terminal it would look something like this:

Code:
    phoronix-test-suite Chilly$ ./phoronix-test-suite benchmark darwin
    to begin the benchmark.

Just a few questions. Nexuiz runs poorly and I'm getting only 20fps average and I think I know why, because OpenGL 2.0 is disabled when the benchmark runs. Is setting OpenGL 2.0 against the Phoronix suite rules? if not how do I turn it on when my benchmark runs.

TIA.

Leave a comment:

• Exman
    replied
    Thanx for that. Sorry, another noob question. Is this benchmark supposed to be run from Terminal as well?

The installation went o.k, when I doubled clicked on "Phoronix-test-suite", Terminal returned this message:
    To run the Phoronix Test Suite locally you must first change directories to phoronix-test-suite/ or install the program using the install-sh script. For support visit: http://www.phoronix-test-suite.com/

What's my next step?

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied

Right from the download page. I don't see 1.4.0a1 from the download page anymore, it shouldn't be there.

Leave a comment:

• Exman
    replied
    Hi Michael,

Where is the downlownload link for 1.4.0a2?
    I can only see the source link on the download page.

Thanx, I'll run it in Terminal

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    You need 1.4.0a2, not Alpha 1.

You're receiving that error since you need to run it as root or using the sudo command in order to install it to /usr/ So launch the terminal and then sudo ./install-sh.

Leave a comment:

• Exman
    replied
    How to install this in OS X?

I downloaded the phoronix-test-suite-1.4.0a1.tar.gz file. Extracted, double clicked "Install -sh" which opened Terminal, but with an error message:

ERROR: /usr is not writable. Run this installer as root or specify a different directory prefix as the first argument sent to this script.

Have I got the right package?

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by chem View Post
    Happy to read about this! Can you run the darwin testsuite on linux, too? We have a mixed environment and it would be great to have a big suite where we can run the same tests on both systems. Apples to apples comparison
    Yep, you can run phoronix-test-suite benchmark darwin on any platform.

Leave a comment:

• chem
    replied
    Happy to read about this! Can you run the darwin testsuite on linux, too? We have a mixed environment and it would be great to have a big suite where we can run the same tests on both systems. Apples to apples comparison

I will try the OS X tests soonish.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X