Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chilly
    replied
    Thought so, that's why I only got avg. 36 frames in the bench.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Chilly View Post
    For the X-Plane bench is the plane supposed to just sit on the runway with a -PAUSED- sign flashing lol? or does it take off???
    It's a bug within X-Plane that is Mac-specific. Laminar Research is working to correct this issue with the 9.3 version of X-Plane for its special PTS version.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    It should take off without any pause displayed on screen.

Leave a comment:

• Chilly
    replied
    For the X-Plane bench is the plane supposed to just sit on the runway with a -PAUSED- sign flashing lol? or does it take off???

Leave a comment:

• Exman
    replied
    O.K, thanx, now I know I'm on the righ track

It will take me long time to download all the packages. My ISP has throttled my net speed down to a wee bit faster than 56K dialup

Leave a comment:

• Chilly
    replied
    Yes, it needs those files for the OpenGL benchmarks i.e. test your graphics card.

Leave a comment:

• Exman
    replied
    O.K I ran the bench suite, but is it normal for it to want to download all the software such as nexuiz-242.zip (375MN), UrbanTerror_41_FULL.zip (720MB) etc?

Leave a comment:

• Chilly
    replied
    Well I ran the darwin suite, definitely some interesting results:
    benchie

Get plenty of errors so when I get the time I'll go through each test individually to see whats happening, but for now build-php always fails
    no matter what :P.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Exman View Post
    Thanx for that. Sorry, another noob question. Is this benchmark supposed to be run from Terminal as well?

The installation went o.k, when I doubled clicked on "Phoronix-test-suite", Terminal returned this message:
    To run the Phoronix Test Suite locally you must first change directories to phoronix-test-suite/ or install the program using the install-sh script. For support visit: http://www.phoronix-test-suite.com/

What's my next step?
    Yes you run from terminal.

Just launch terminal, cd to the directory of phoronix-test-suite, and then run say ./phoronix-test-suite benchmark darwin.

Leave a comment:

• Chilly
    replied
    I think I answered my own question lol.

AlienTrap has a heads up for Nexuiz on OS X about the OpenGL 2.0 Shaders not being saved when enabled by the user.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X