X.Org Server 1.20 Expected Around January With New Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danieru View Post
    Is this the version that will finally fix the gamma bug with openarena when using open source drivers?
    it's not fun having to use xgamma
    That's already fixed in 1.19 (unless you're using the modesetting driver, in which case it's still not fixed with current xserver Git master).

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
      Exactly. In fact, a bunch of games don't even work anymore on newer kernels/newer Xorgs, let alone Wayland...
      The issues of older games should be more like OS libraries (the reason why most games on any OS try to bundle all libs they can, also on windows and MacOS) or Mesa (which is kinda a userspace library), as Xorg and Kernel have very stable userspace interfaces.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
        The issues of older games should be more like OS libraries (the reason why most games on any OS try to bundle all libs they can, also on windows and MacOS) or Mesa (which is kinda a userspace library), as Xorg and Kernel have very stable userspace interfaces.
        Alright, then you try to install Sim City 3000 from Loki on a newer kernel. 'Cause it won't work as you need to emulate the old kernel for it to work using LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.4 $COMPAT/ld-linux.so.2 sc3u
        But "ASSUME" means something different for you, I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Alright, then you try to install Sim City 3000 from Loki on a newer kernel. 'Cause it won't work as you need to emulate the old kernel for it to work using LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.4 $COMPAT/ld-linux.so.2 sc3u
          But "ASSUME" means something different for you, I guess...
          I haven't actually fired up that game in a while, but years ago when I did even wine played the windows binary better than the Loki port. I'm not trying to dis Loki or nothing, but some of those ports just weren't good. SC3 being one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

I haven't actually fired up that game in a while, but years ago when I did even wine played the windows binary better than the Loki port. I'm not trying to dis Loki or nothing, but some of those ports just weren't good. SC3 being one of them.
            I don't disagree with you, I was just trying to point out that some Linux games don't even work correctly on newer kernels, let alone on Wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by hussam View Post

Assuming no one's done so already, your best bet is to report it in the xorg bug tracker. Developers won't always notice all bugs. If they already noticed it and fixed it, they will reply with something like "Thank you for the bug report. We already fixed this issue for the next release", otherwise it will give them something to fix.
              It's been reported and has been a bug for like 7 years.

Comment

Originally posted by MrCooper View Post

That's already fixed in 1.19 (unless you're using the modesetting driver, in which case it's still not fixed with current xserver Git master).
                Great! so it's fixed for intel, AMD and nouveau?
                Do you know where's this is marked as fixed to show it to one of openarena's developer?

found the bug report https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=27222
                Last edited by danieru; 24 September 2017, 11:21 AM. Reason: nevermind i found it

Comment

Great! so it's fixed for intel, AMD and nouveau?
                  Do you know where's this is marked as fixed to show it to one of openarena's developer?

found the bug report https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=27222
                  in the commit i found the author has an AMD email https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xs...cc939a0fbbc6d6

Thanks AMD!

Comment

It's been reported and has been a bug for like 7 years.
                    Ouch...That is not good.

Comment

in the commit i found the author has an AMD email https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xs...cc939a0fbbc6d6

Thanks AMD!
                      Yeah, that's me. You're welcome!

Comment

Working...
                      X