No announcement yet.

Feral Now Formally Providing Free Linux Games To Mesa Developers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, come on guys! This is great news about Feral looking to benefit proven qualified developers, I was trying to get that point across. Stop trying to make this about me, it isn't at all.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
      Oh, come on guys! This is great news about Feral looking to benefit proven qualified developers, I was trying to get that point across. Stop trying to make this about me, it isn't at all.
      Did you mean benefit from? I'd say Feral benefits more if their games work well and sell more

Comment

25 commits is too many, its then only for dedicated developers. I think any commit should be enough. It proves you know how to code, how to work with other developers, and is interested.
        By requiring 25 commits they are only alienating developers, its not like there are lots of developers with less than 25 commits with no interest in fixing bugs who just want free games.

Comment

Thank you Feral, nice move!

Comment

Well, I sure am glad to see so many overreactions. Didn't you guys even read what I said? It's apparently obvious that they are looking for qualified individuals, I was being snarky and sarcastic to get that point across. But I guess sarcasm is a concept not well understood?
            How long have you been using the Internet? Have you somehow not noticed that sarcastic posts on, say, Ars Technica are suffixed with a "/s"?

Have you not noticed the joking use of sarcasm tags on Reddit?

Are you.... Are you blind? I normally don't like being rude, but I suspect you deserve a bit of a shock to your system. Conveying sarcasm properly in writing is difficult, and even then, something whose understanding is based often on the audible tone of voice used when speaking might still be misunderstood when written.

Use a tag. Grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by Niarbeht View Post

How long have you been using the Internet? Have you somehow not noticed that sarcastic posts on, say, Ars Technica are suffixed with a "/s"?

Have you not noticed the joking use of sarcasm tags on Reddit?

Are you.... Are you blind? I normally don't like being rude, but I suspect you deserve a bit of a shock to your system. Conveying sarcasm properly in writing is difficult, and even then, something whose understanding is based often on the audible tone of voice used when speaking might still be misunderstood when written.

Use a tag. Grow up.
              Fair enough,

Comment

So my 8 commits over the last 12 years won't cut it? Boo!

Seriously though, should be a win-win for Feral, Mesa, and Mesa developers. Good on you Feral!

Comment

[...] you'd end up with folks contributing a little one liner once just to get free games.
                  You know, it would be awesome if 25 one-liners got accepted in Mesa. That would mean the developer would've done such a great job that there would be no reason to dismiss such code. That would be cool. Too bad it's rather unlikely to happen.

phoronix: It would be nice to know how things went after Valve offered their titles to the Mesa developers (with 25+ commits) and Valve offering their games to the Debian developers. Do you have any information about the outcome of those initiatives?

Anyway, thanks for doing this, Feral!

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                    25 commits is too many, its then only for dedicated developers. I think any commit should be enough. It proves you know how to code, how to work with other developers, and is interested.
                    By requiring 25 commits they are only alienating developers, its not like there are lots of developers with less than 25 commits with no interest in fixing bugs who just want free games.
                    It's not much at all. Upon finding a single thing to change you'd often end up with multiple patches — you need it to make review process easier and quicker. And one patch = one commit.

Besides, I'd think it's about the number when you more or less understand Mesa source, so you can do some sensical fixes and optimizations in case of problems for playing a game.

Comment

Working...
                    X