Mesa Has Already Seen More Code Changes This Year Than All Of 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Has Already Seen More Code Changes This Year Than All Of 2015

Phoronix: Mesa Has Already Seen More Code Changes This Year Than All Of 2015

With the work on the Intel Vulkan driver, OpenGL 4.x being close to finished off for the main graphics drivers, and AMD doubling down work on performance optimizations, there is already more code changes in Mesa Git this year than all of 2015...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oh, Hellz to the Motha' F___in' Yeah Dawg!! Eat shit and die proprietary drivers!

Comment

How long for a CONTROL PANEL on Mesa as CCC (Catalyst Control PAnel where to see software specs (opengl, opengl ES, webGL, DirectX features and so on), Hardware features as Texel textures, Pixel textures, Badnwidth, Gpu frequency features and so on, and Vga Bios features SSID and PCIID ID, and all the vga bios stuff of VGA!?

Is there a way to flash vga bios by linux as well as the motherboard chipset itself!?

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
        How long for a CONTROL PANEL on Mesa as CCC (Catalyst Control PAnel where to see software specs (opengl, opengl ES, webGL, DirectX features and so on), Hardware features as Texel textures, Pixel textures, Badnwidth, Gpu frequency features and so on, and Vga Bios features SSID and PCIID ID, and all the vga bios stuff of VGA!?

Is there a way to flash vga bios by linux as well as the motherboard chipset itself!?
        Hopefully a while, because there's a lot more urgent stuff I'd prefer they focus on first.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

Hopefully a while, because there's a lot more urgent stuff I'd prefer they focus on first.
          Ok but it is also important the possibility to manage the vga other than to have information about its capabilities.

Comment

I'm always curious to why such a Control Panel would be needed. I'm using Dualboot, Linux and a well known Gameloader from Redmond for my occasional gaming needs. Even under Windows, i open that tools about once every 2 years. The last time was finding that "Enable Freesync" Slider once, that was somehow disabled by an Crimson driverupdate 3 month ago. The last time before that run is at least another year back in time.

Comment

yup, there is a lot of ways for doing this.

flashrom,nvbios and binwalk are some of 'em.

Comment

https://www.flashrom.org/Flashrom

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                  so how to erase and flash the hd3850 agp bios?

Comment

so how to erase and flash the hd3850 agp bios?
                    many developers on linux forget to face with final users, they assume that user is a programmer. That's one of the reasons many users refuse to approach with linux operating systems. many developers don't have the intelligence to understand the simplicity.

Comment

Working...
                    X