Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manjaro 24.0 Released: Powered By Linux 6.9 & The Latest Desktops

Phoronix: Manjaro 24.0 Released: Powered By Linux 6.9 & The Latest Desktops

Manjaro 24.0 has been released today as the newest version of this Arch Linux derived desktop OS. Manjaro 24.0 ships with the latest the newly-released Linux 6.9 kernel and a slew of other updated packages...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good, currently my favorite distro for my laptop.

Hopefully they fixed some annoying bugs that the KDE version had, can't remember the actual bugs but they were enough of a pain that I switched to Manjaro Mate.

Will probably wait for a few weeks to see if any issues show their ugly heads before updating.
    Last edited by sophisticles; 14 May 2024, 01:39 PM.

Comment

I see they dropped their Mate edition. Sad, will have to look for another distro. Dropped Solus for the same reason. Maybe back to Mint for me.

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
        Good, currently my favorite distro for my laptop.

Hopefully they fixed some annoying bugs that the KDE version had, can't remember the actual bugs but they were enough of a pain that I switched to Manjaro Mate.

Will probably wait for a few weeks to see if any issues show their ugly heads before updating.
        I also currently run manjaro, but after testing cachy in a VM just for their bcachefs integration i am pleased to see what they have done, many user friendly features like what i would have expected from manjaro were implemented there.

If manjaro does not step up their game i predict they will lose out to cachy.

Comment

Originally posted by PublicNuisance View Post
          I see they dropped their Mate edition. Sad, will have to look for another distro. Dropped Solus for the same reason. Maybe back to Mint for me.
          I see a bunch of mate packages in their repos... And they were updated today. Doesn't looked dropped to me...

Comment

Originally posted by dlq84 View Post

I see a bunch of mate packages in their repos... And they were updated today. Doesn't looked dropped to me...

The following packages were removed.

Last edited by johnp; 14 May 2024, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Been on Manjaro KDE for years. No regret..
              I was probably one of the first people to update and it freaked me out when plasma 6 loaded without restarting...
              I had to reboot run the update again for a few more packages and then everything came back and it's been working flawlessly since

Comment

>pamac updates
                waiting for manjaro to dos the AUR again​
                Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post

I also currently run manjaro, but after testing cachy in a VM just for their bcachefs integration i am pleased to see what they have done, many user friendly features like what i would have expected from manjaro were implemented there.

If manjaro does not step up their game i predict they will lose out to cachy.
                well in any case with cachyOS actually doing things right by the looks of it, would reccomend cachy 10/10 times over manjaro​

Comment

Manjaro is nice until you try to bend it to your will. Then the whole show comes crashing down. No one I know who works with Linux professionally has stayed on Manjaro very long because you get enticed by the AUR and pull in tons of packages from there or try to switch away from systemd and get into uncharted territory quickly and stuff breaks beyond all get out!

Comment

Originally posted by kylew77 View Post
                    Manjaro is nice until you try to bend it to your will. Then the whole show comes crashing down. No one I know who works with Linux professionally has stayed on Manjaro very long because you get enticed by the AUR and pull in tons of packages from there or try to switch away from systemd and get into uncharted territory quickly and stuff breaks beyond all get out!
                    I've been using Manjaro for two years and everything is fine. I'm in my late 30s, so I don't have time to customize my system anymore, and I want to have the peace of mind of using a stable system, and Manjaro without heavy customization is about as stable as it gets when it comes to rolling distros. I use it for programming and hardly ever need access to AUR. If I need an application (like Spotify), I download it from Flathub.

All in all, I'm happy with Manjaro for my professional needs.​

Comment

Working...
                    X