No announcement yet.

GNOME Took In $556k Last Year While Spending $675.9k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at least it looks better than KDE; ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whkiZECPhqA

Comment

Originally posted by rmfx View Post
      Not a gnome fan but the fact that the most used Linux desktop env get less funding than a single top manager or executive in big tech companies saddens me.
      No top manager at any company is making close to 556k a year, not even SR. Directors make that kind of money.

Comment

Their atrocious financial status is exactly what i was talking about in the other thread.

Gnome is an organization that is technically in the red, I don't care how much you have saved up or how big a one time donation you got, there is no reason to spend 120k more than you pulled in.

Comment

Healing crystals are expensive, come on now

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post

No top manager at any company is making close to 556k a year, not even SR. Directors make that kind of money.
            average salary for an L7 senior manager at Google is a pinch over $700k a year, Directors nearly double that.

Comment

Originally posted by mxan View Post
              Healing crystals are expensive, come on now
              Whispered secrets of the earth, held in the palm—mystics' delight, skeptics' qualm.

Comment

Originally posted by NekkoDroid View Post

You can if you save up
                Is that the same as a secret money tree in your backyard?

Comment

Originally posted by rene View Post
                  at least it looks better than KDE; ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whkiZECPhqA
                  Are you sure? Please explain yourself instead posting other's content

Comment

Stop doing those pointless conferences and outreaches and they would already be in the black.

Comment

Originally posted by rene View Post
                      Last time I watched you didn't have that spiffy intro music or animations and overlays. That's nice and made it look a lot more professional. A few more overlays would go a long way, like a border around your broadcast window. I felt that it was really disingenuous of you to talk about how bad various environments were when you didn't have all the dependencies installed or because programs weren't configured; like how Dolphin looked and PDFs not loading right. It's like testing a car, saying it has bad performance, and then saying but I only put 14lbs of pressure in the tires and didn't install the air filter.

While kudos of you for pointing that the dependencies weren't installed, it still doesn't seem fair to GNOME or KDE to review them in a partially installed state....or, and while I doubt these folks exist, the users who haven't seen what you're reviewing to imagine how it should look.

I'm just rambling on here because I thought this was funny: I wish our accents weren't so different from one another so your videos would be easier for me to watch. Please don't take that in a negative manner. I have a southern drawl and I tend to speak fast so I end up repeating everything I say upwards of three or four times to my family but not the public at large. It's infuriating.

For that to make sense, all of my family are west coast, California, transplants to the south while I've lived here since I was 3 so I don't know anything else. Basically, the rest of my family speaks in US Broadcast dialect where I sound like a character from King of the Hill, I tell ya what. The older generation speaks the common US dialect and the younger one in southern dialects.

Listening to you talk made me ponder, "Is this what my family has to deal with when I talk?" Like, I think you were saying "MicroOS" or "Microsoft" a few times in there in the beginning. I know you said Microsoft once or twice, but the other six or so times I think it was MicroOS.

I speak in redneck and I type in a mix of that and valley girl. Like, you know, that boy ain't right.

Comment

Working...
                      X