Ubuntu Isn't Yet Recommending GNOME's VRR Option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malsabku View Post
    VRR is experimental (for every Gnome-based distro) and is not part of Ubuntu's advertised GNOME feature set. So there is no bug here.

KDE 6 is not LTS-ready and it's even not in Debian, so it cannot be in Ubuntu.
    Ubuntu regularly ships package versions not found in any debian release channel, including sid. It could've easily been in this release, they just wisely decided against it for an lts release.

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post
      I just checked, 24.04 currently has Qt 6.4.2.
      Do you mean 6.5.2, i.e. the current Qt LTS release?

Comment

Did they? Last time they talked about it, they said they're thinking about ending LTS releases, but they still haven't decided anything. Also, Plasma 5.27 actually is an LTS release and at least Kubuntu uses Plasma LTS releases in 18.04 LTS, 20.04 LTS. 22.04 LTS and 24.04 LTS. But if it's the only distro that takes advantage of Plasma LTS releases, it's understandable why they want to end them. They also said that unlike Plasma, KDE core apps never had LTS releases (since they have separate versioning from Plasma itself).

Last I heard was that the LTS releases were ending with Plasma 6. I really don't know what it means in regards to 5.27. I assumed it meant 5.27 was being depreciated/dropped in lieu of 6.x.

​They actually want to split kwin_x11 and kwin_wayland in the near future, which will accelerate their Wayland development.
        I've seen that and have been curious as to how it will pan out.

Comment

Originally posted by V1tol View Post
          Ubuntu: ships LTS with GNOME full of buggy features
          Also Ubuntu: KDE 6? Not on my watch.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
          This is experimental feature not available by default and hidden behind the flag you need to enable explicitly.

Yeah I know, who would guess that experimental feature might not be stable? Lol at GNOME. /s

Comment

Originally posted by uscracks94 View Post
            Ubuntu 24.04 is the buggiest Ubuntu release I have ever seen in the last 10 years.
            Dark mode doesn't work for Gnome apps, system can't detect correct graphic drivers, defaults to Wayland even I explicitly select X.org on gdm, and etc. 23.10 was more stable than this.
            ​​​​
            Oh please, don't tell me dark mode broke for Wayland as well. In 23.10 dark mode only works in Wayland. Very frustrating bug.

Comment

Omg my issue report is a blocker? Wild.

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post

Oh please, don't tell me dark mode broke for Wayland as well. In 23.10 dark mode only works in Wayland. Very frustrating bug.
                23.10 here, Dark Mode in GNOME works flawless in both Wayland and the Xorg sessions.

Comment

Originally posted by V1tol View Post
                  Ubuntu: ships LTS with GNOME full of buggy features
                  Also Ubuntu: KDE 6? Not on my watch.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                  Are you saying that KDE is less broken than GNOME??? 🤣

Even KDE 5 was buggier, uglier and less usable than current GNOME.

Comment

Did they? Last time they talked about it, they said they're thinking about ending LTS releases, but they still haven't decided anything. Also, Plasma 5.27 actually is an LTS release and at least Kubuntu uses Plasma LTS releases in 18.04 LTS, 20.04 LTS. 22.04 LTS and 24.04 LTS. But if it's the only distro that takes advantage of Plasma LTS releases, it's understandable why they want to end them.
                    openSUSE Leap and the latest Debian release also uses Plasma LTS releases. But sadly, Debian does not make any advantage of the LTS, because it does not update the minor updates (unlike Gnome minor updates, which are getting released in Debian stable releases)

Comment

Originally posted by uscracks94 View Post
                      Ubuntu 24.04 is the buggiest Ubuntu release I have ever seen in the last 10 years.
                      Dark mode doesn't work for Gnome apps, system can't detect correct graphic drivers, defaults to Wayland even I explicitly select X.org on gdm, and etc. 23.10 was more stable than this.
                      ​​​​
                      Look's like NVIDIA crap (= issues only related to NVIDIA hardware).

Comment

Working...
                      X