No announcement yet.

Ubuntu 24.04 LTS Downloads Now Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sad thing is that the tpm2 backed encryption installation method doesn't work. at least not for me.

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

i dont see the problem, more software better and people can install snaps in all distros
      And when did i said it was a problem?

Comment

My installation went great up until I rebooted . My clean install of Win 11 was delisted from the UEFI bios. Should have stayed on 22.04 until the point release. New installer must not have gotten much dual boot testing.
        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
        Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Originally posted by szymon_g View Post
          could you elaborate on that, please? that was a feature I was looking forward too the most, does it work, does it work sometimes or not at all? i havent tried to do the clean install of the newest ubuntu yet.
          I tested it on my desktop (ASUS X670E Crosshair Hero | R9 7950X) and my primary laptop (Dell XPS 15 9530) and it didn't work on either. Both wanted a recovery key on first boot.

I did try it on a second laptop I had and it does work. So it may work for you, but it's inconsistent.
          I installed the daily 24.04 ISO to a spare SSD with TPM encryption, and on first boot it asks me for the recovery password. This also happens on 23.10 with ubuntu-desktop-installer. Secure Boot is enabled in BIOS and TPM was cleared prior to installation (to get rid of the DA lockout mode error). Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X ASUS X670E Crosshair Hero 96GB DDR5 RX 7900 XTX

Comment

Interesting I hadn't looked for TPM bug reports. One thing I know is that leaving any of those related settings in the bios left to the default of auto is basically playing Russian roulette when dual booting. I have them on enabled saved to my bios profile 1st thing I restore after a bios update.
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
            Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Sheesh, I had enabled flatpack before I logged out the other day did not set as default. Rebooted into it Discover notified me about system updates turned out it was some Flatpack version of Mesa from unknown source. Talk about safety!
              Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Working...
              X