Linux AMDGPU Control Application Adds vBIOS Dumping, Fan Control Hysteresis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NateHubbard View Post

Is there even such a thing? And then, wouldn't you want that running on a rust compositor or even a fully rust desktop environment?
    You know what, maybe we should just use Redox.
    there are plenty of native rust gui toolkits now, most of them have better perf then GTK

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post

The dGPU is dynamically powered up and down depending on whether it's being used or not.
      Is there command to check the current status of the dGPU, if it is on/off etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

there are plenty of native rust gui toolkits now, most of them have better perf then GTK
        I know of egui; is there anything else worth checking out (that's mature and doesn't have a ton of dependencies/bloat)?

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post

Is there command to check the current status of the dGPU, if it is on/off etc?
          Runtime pm sysfs interface: https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documenta...-devices-power

E.g.,
          Code:
          cat /sys/class/drm/cardX/device/power/runtime_status
          Replace X with the card the represents your dGPU. If it's on, it will say "active", if it's off "suspended". There are other intermediate states as well per the documentation above.

Comment

Originally posted by [deXter] View Post

I know of egui; is there anything else worth checking out (that's mature and doesn't have a ton of dependencies/bloat)?
            slint is pretty minimal and can be run completely rust, but it also has a QT backend if you want. Cosmic is also ofc the new bees knees, it's design is very gtk-esq, but it is completely rust. Floem has a lot of potential too. It's what the code editor Lapce uses, However it's not a 100% rust capable as it uses skia for graphics if you count that as off the table. Rui exists but it's pretty basic.

Cosmic and Slint are the two guis I highly reccomend (with slint supporting android too)

Im not sure how much of these are "fully rust" but you also have frameworks like leptos and dioxus which are more web inspired. Dioxus I think is more or less like a react native, but less crappy.

Comment

Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post
              It's really nice looking, but functionality wise i think corectrl is a bit ahead. And in addition it also supports CPU control from same software which is a big +
              The name of application obviously aimed to AMD GPUs as highlighted by the article.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

What does that even mean?

Comment

It's really nice looking, but functionality wise i think corectrl is a bit ahead. And in addition it also supports CPU control from same software which is a big +
                  can someone explain to me why amd does not bundle LACT or corectrl with their amd.com driver bundle?
                  Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by finalzone View Post

The name of application obviously aimed to AMD GPUs as highlighted by the article.
                    And it's behind in those features. CPU control was just added bonus i mentioned in corectrl

Comment

And it's behind in those features. CPU control was just added bonus i mentioned in corectrl
                      Such as?

Comment

Working...
                      X