Mesa 24.1 Now Supports Vulkan Explicit Synchronization On X11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Myownfriend View Post

Politeness is overrated. I'm not gonna be nice to stupid people just because they're confident.
    that's fine by me karen.

Comment

Originally posted by mSparks View Post

that's fine by me karen.
      Damn..and you're one of those people who calls people Karens but doesn't actually know how to use the term lol

Let me guess, right-wing? lol

Comment

Damn..and you're one of those people who calls people Karens but doesn't actually know how to use the term lol

Let me guess, right-wing? lol
        just not interested in wayland because I uninstalled it. the term seemed appropriate for someone with a problem with that.

Comment

just not interested in wayland because I uninstalled it. the term seemed appropriate for someone with a problem with that.
          Except I never took issue with what you run, just the incrediblly dumb claim that Wayland requires you to drop all other forms of security. Even if I did, that wouldn't be the correct use of the term "Karen" lol

Comment

Except I never took issue with what you run, just the incrediblly dumb claim that Wayland requires you to drop all other forms of security. Even if I did, that wouldn't be the correct use of the term "Karen" lol
            that settles it then.

I uninstalled wayland because I consider it malacious.

You are shocked by this and think that is wrong because ad hominem, ad populum and yelling stupid like a karen.

I am not shocked by your position or argument because that is very typical for a wayland loyalist.

Simples.

Comment

that settles it then.

I uninstalled wayland because I consider it malacious.

You are shocked by this and think that is wrong because ad hominem, ad populum and yelling stupid like a karen.

I am not shocked by your position or argument because that is very typical for a wayland loyalist.

Simples.
              Ugh god you're a debate lord, too. God you must be so fun to talk to. I'm clearly missing out on this friendship.

Comment

Ugh god you're a debate lord, too. God you must be so fun to talk to. I'm clearly missing out on this friendship.
                Argumentation Theory is a key principle in M.A.S. platform and architecture development, helps keep out the Karens and other malicious actors. You aren't missing out, you were never allowed in.
                Last edited by mSparks; 18 April 2024, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mxan View Post

Read this : https://zamundaaa.github.io/wayland/...icit-sync.html

Explicit sync has nothing to do with VSync, explicit sync allows an application to tell the driver it's done rendering and sync everything.
                  Not true. The synchronization mechanism directly affects framerate when vsync is enabled. It is very much related to vsync. This was pretty well explained in the KDE blog post that was also referenced here on Phoronix only a few days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by mxan View Post
                    So much for XOrg being dead and receiving no updates meanwhile wayland is still as useless as it was 16 years ago
                    While Wayland stack is not ready to replace Xorg for all usages, there's no need to troll like that. And before you call me anything, I'm still on Xorg.

I really which to see a proper successor to Xorg, since many works on the Wayland stack, I hope it gets mature enough soon.

Comment

Originally posted by curfew View Post
                      Not true. The synchronization mechanism directly affects framerate when vsync is enabled. It is very much related to vsync. This was pretty well explained in the KDE blog post that was also referenced here on Phoronix only a few days ago.
                      framerate is a terrible measure of graphics performance and its use needs to stop.
                      1 frame after 30ms followed by 100 frames with 1ms between them (700fps, typical of implicit sync systems) is visibly worse performance than
                      100 frames with 5ms between them (200fps, the target of explicit sync'd systems)

And the difference between them is the synchronisation methods
                      Last edited by mSparks; 18 April 2024, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X