Mesa 24.1 Now Supports Vulkan Explicit Synchronization On X11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Myownfriend View Post
    What's with X11 loyalists constantly doing this?
    presumaby because wayland is now considered malicious.

also

exists
    Last edited by mSparks; 16 April 2024, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mSparks View Post
      presumaby because wayland is now considered malicious
      By whom?

Comment

By whom?
        Anyone who thinks bypassing 50 years of security research to DIY it is malicious behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
          Obviously it's for Mesa since Nvidia always supported explicit sync (and only explicit sync). And it only sucked on Wayland because it already worked on X11.
          this is for xwayland not xorg dumbass

Comment

By whom?
            hackers?, now that they can't easily keylogger us, or spyware etc

Comment

Originally posted by Brittle2 View Post

That's the only way I could interpret that, too.

Comment

Which, obviously, linux is really well known for, which is why you should just throw out all the existing mechanisms to prevent it and let wayland handle it all for you. Trust them, it will be much better, pinky promise.

I mean, who better to trust with your entire system security than the authors of display compositor no one uses.

for extra credits, also run everything as root like waydroid does to 100% protect yourself from any privilege escalation vulnerabilities that may otherwise sneak in.
                Last edited by mSparks; 17 April 2024, 02:36 AM.

Comment

xcb has sweet fa to do with xwayland.

Comment

Originally posted by mSparks View Post

Which, obviously, linux is really well known for, which is why you should just throw out all the existing mechanisms to prevent it and let wayland handle it all for you. Trust them, it will be much better, pinky promise.

I mean, who better to trust with your entire system security than the authors of display compositor no one uses.

for extra credits, also run everything as root like waydroid does to 100% protect yourself from any privilege escalation vulnerabilities that may otherwise sneak in.
                    What are you on exactly? When was it ever even suggested that other means of security would be thrown out the window and security will be handled exclusively by Wayland? Nobody said that ever. Wayland just fulfills the remaining tasks that X11 was still being used for but it's implemented in a more secure way than X11. That's all.

Wayland's model is an additional level of security, not a replacement for other security.

Comment

It's for mesa you dumbfuck and I literally said that in my fucking post at the very beginning of it. I also said that X11 had it already so WHY THE FUCK WOULD X11 EVEN GET IT if it worked with Nvidia for decades now? Just for reference in case you didn't know: Nvidia does not use Mesa.

Get off the internet you god damn illiterate jokester, you can't even read properly, stop fucking quoting people with your shit and stay in your crippled circus called Wayland.
                      Last edited by Weasel; 17 April 2024, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X