Mesa 24.1 Now Supports Vulkan Explicit Synchronization On X11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
    It's for mesa you dumbfuck and I literally said that in my fucking post at the very beginning of it. I also said that X11 had it already so WHY THE FUCK WOULD X11 EVEN GET IT if it worked with Nvidia for decades now? Just for reference in case you didn't know: Nvidia does not use Mesa.

Get off the internet you god damn illiterate jokester, you can't even read properly, stop fucking quoting people with your shit and stay in your crippled circus called Wayland.
    are you mad bro?

Comment

Originally posted by Myownfriend View Post

What are you on exactly? When was it ever even suggested that other means of security would be thrown out the window and security will be handled exclusively by Wayland?
      that is what wayland does,

to protect against the keyloggers.

I uninstalled it, because I am in the minority that do find that malicious.

Id rather stick with xauthority, ssh untrusted forwarding and xsecurelock, kernel permissions/selinux etc.
      Last edited by mSparks; 17 April 2024, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mSparks View Post

that is what wayland does,

to protect against the keyloggers.

I uninstalled it, because I am in the minority that do find that malicious.

Id rather stick with xauthority, ssh untrusted forwarding and xsecurelock, kernel permissions/selinux etc.
        What the fuck are you talking about? It doesn't disable other methods of security in order to just protect against keyloggers. Are you playing dumb right now?

Do you think Wayland disables kernel permissions, selinux, and any other methods of security? The only things that no longer apply in a Wayland session are things that are X-specific.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
          Ok i am a bit confused, what is explicit sync? cuz the way i understood it, explicit sync on wayland was there so u could turn vsync off, for the first time in wayland history, cuz some absolute low iq jackasses designed the damn thing.

What does this bring us on x11?
          The only thing this does for anyone is nVidia users. It allows xwayland to function as expected on nVidia hardware. Intel or AMD users won't notice any difference.

Comment

Do you think Wayland disables kernel permissions, selinux, and any other methods of security?
            e.g. waydroid requires it.

I don't care any more. Not my problem.

The only things that no longer apply in a Wayland session are things that are X-specific.
            well, yeah, dropping another 40 years of hard learned security lessons without replacing them with anything so you can "safely" install software from people who write keyloggers.... that alone is good enough reason for me to uninstall it.

Comment

e.g. waydroid requires it.

I don't care any more. Not my problem
              Do you think Waydroid is part of Wayland and not its own project?

Comment

Do you think Waydroid is part of Wayland and not its own project?
                Not my problem. Googles X11 version works better anyway. I'd already uninstalled it before I uninstalled wayland.
                Last edited by mSparks; 17 April 2024, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Not my problem. Googles X11 version works better anyway. I'd already uninstalled it before I uninstalled wayland.
                  I don't care what you run. I'm just shocked by how stupid you are.

Comment

I don't care what you run. I'm just shocked by how stupid you are.
                    I am not shocked by the quality of your well reasoned and insightful arguments. They are pretty much par for the course for "wayland loyalists".

ad hominems and ad populums are absolutely all I expect, they tell everyone everything about a wayland loyalists belief system that they need to know.
                    Last edited by mSparks; 17 April 2024, 07:20 PM.

Comment

I am not shocked by the quality of your well reasoned and insightful arguments. They are pretty much par for the course for "wayland loyalists".
                      Politeness is overrated. I'm not gonna be nice to stupid people just because they're confident.

Comment

Working...
                      X