Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 6.9-rc4 Brings More Bcachefs Fixes, Native BHI Mitigation

Phoronix: Linux 6.9-rc4 Brings More Bcachefs Fixes, Native BHI Mitigation

As expected the Linux 6.9-rc4 test kernel is out today as Linux 6.9 works its way toward release by mid-May...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Subvolume mounts in Bcachefs when?

Comment

Originally posted by ihatemichael View Post
      you cannot mount a subvolume with bcachefs? 🤔

Comment

Originally posted by cynic View Post

you cannot mount a subvolume with bcachefs? 🤔
        Nope, as surprising as that sounds, with the current code you can't.

With btrfs it's easy, you can use `mount -o subvol=foo`.

Bcachefs fans will tell you that you can use bind mounts as a workaround, but I don't even know how.

I think Bcachefs is still too incomplete but many people think it's ready as a btrfs replacement, I don't know how.

Comment

it's on the todo list and will come eventually.
          bind mounts work though.

that feature is not that important as in eg btrfs anyway as most settings are on a directory level

Comment

Originally posted by flower View Post

it's on the todo list and will come eventually.
            bind mounts work though.

that feature is not that important as in eg btrfs anyway as most settings are on a directory level
            Can you explain how to use bind mounts? Let's say I wanted to dual boot two distros, each in their own subvolume.

With btrfs I currently point to the subvolume in fstab and grub, I don't have to make any changes to my initramfs, it just works.

How would I use bind mounts in this scenario? Do I need to make my own initramfs to mount things separately?

Thanks.

Comment

are Ultra cpus affected by native bhi?

Comment

Can you explain how to use bind mounts? Let's say I wanted to dual boot two distros, each in their own subvolume.

With btrfs I currently point to the subvolume in fstab and grub, I don't have to make any changes to my initramfs, it just works.

How would I use bind mounts in this scenario? Do I need to make my own initramfs to mount things separately?

Thanks.
                making your own initramfs seems like the only solution right now.
                subvol mounting will come though. it's still experimental and just not finished

Comment

Originally posted by flower View Post

making your own initramfs seems like the only solution right now.
                  subvol mounting will come though. it's still experimental and just not finished
                  Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X