Samba 4.20 Released With WSP Search Client, Service Witness Protocol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samba 4.20 Released With WSP Search Client, Service Witness Protocol

Phoronix: Samba 4.20 Released With WSP Search Client, Service Witness Protocol

Samba 4.20 is out as the newest feature update to this free software implementation for SMB networking protocol support and others to enhance file/print interoperability with Microsoft Windows systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Alright since nobody else will say it.

Nice.

Comment

AC/DC support, hell yeah. It's a long way to the top if you wanna Rock'n'Roll. Hope they don't get sued by the filthy music industry.

Comment

Originally posted by ridge View Post

Nice.
        Wrong number. It's "Blaze it" for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Anux View Post
          AC/DC support, hell yeah. It's a long way to the top if you wanna Rock'n'Roll. Hope they don't get sued by the filthy music industry.
          FOSS that interacts with MS...You have to have some Big Balls to get those Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by ridge View Post

Nice.
            Indeed. Updated: https://t2sde.org/packages/samba

Comment

I use SMB as file server instead of NFS. Linux is so much lighter, higher performance, and easier to maintain as a server OS compared to Windows. But SMB serves both to Windows and Linux (and Android). So SMB on Linux is a very good match.

Comment

Smbd also works as wins service if you install libnss-winbind and edit /etc/nsswitch.conf to add wins on the hosts line. It is very useful to have name resolution without a DNS server in a local network. All OSs will find each other without IP addresses

Comment

Originally posted by mrg666 View Post
                  But SMB serves both to Windows and Linux (and Android).
                  Not sure about android but since W10 you can access NFS: https://medium.com/ibexoft/mounting-...ess-4dc8751196

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                  You have to have some Big Balls to get those Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap.
                  Yes, even the ladies got balls​ from using it.
                  PS: I see that this samba release must be your favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Anux View Post
                    Yes, even the ladies got balls​ from using it.
                    PS: I see that this samba release must be your favorite.
                    Oddly enough, I'm not the biggest fan of 420 jokes. 420 is so well known that nonsmokers and teen smokers both have made so many bad jokes that it's lost it's fun. Granted, I do like that the date is 4/20/24 because 42024 is a palindrome or it could be seen as a mirrored 42C.

42C. Fortytwosey. I suppose there could be something there if you're into highbrow comedy. The degenerates living in apartment 42C. I get high fortytwosey after the hour.

Comment

Working...
                    X