Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Most Interesting New Features For Linux 6.1

Phoronix: The Most Interesting New Features For Linux 6.1

With the Linux 6.1 kernel set to be released this weekend, here is a look back at the prominent changes to find with this kernel. Linux 6.1 besides being the last kernel version of the year is all the more important in that it's expected to be the new Long Term Support (LTS) kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Maple Tree is interesting, but sure it is merged alongside some code using it?

Comment

Originally posted by ayumu View Post
      Maple Tree is interesting, but sure it is merged alongside some code using it?
      It's used by MGLRU. In fact, it's been holding up the MGLRU merge for a couple releases, before now.

Very excited for MGLRU, though. I'm curious to see what impact it has on my Pi v3, which easily veers into swapping territory when I launch a web browser with even just 1 tab.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
        Very excited for MGLRU, though.
        I have been using it for a long time (over a year). It makes a HUGE difference on my 16GB laptop (Thinkpad x395). Without, web browser gets stuck for seconds at a time every now and again. With, issue is gone.

I'm glad it's finally merged. The next big thing within Linux I am hoping will finally get merged soon is the realtime patchset.

Comment

Working...
        X