OpenRazer 3.5 Brings Support For Newer Razer Devices On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by creative View Post
    The sad thing is that almost all the generic gaming mice you can get on amazon are better than Razor, and just not a little bit better but by a large margin. Reddragon and Easterntimes Tech are two good examples, and they on average last even longer than logitech which are garbage. These generic mice are a lot cheaper too. I have never had a logitech mouse that did not die on me.
    Fully agree, with pretty much anything being better than Razor. On the logitech side I have never had a failure of their mice and I have had some running for years... especially their early laser mice. That said, I have never owned their "budget" mice so I cant speak to that. I used to use their MX series, and I particularly like their MX 3 series for feel and general usage. They are crazy expensive though. The last MX I personally owned was an MX2 I think... but ended up passing that on to a family member.

The issue for me is the need for a ton of buttons... basically the only mice that I have found that have that are the MMO style mice. Right now I use the logitech G600... I looked at Reddragon a while back, do they have an MMO type mouse at all?

Also is there any config software that works for Reddragon under Linux?

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

My mouse is a bit more premium than my keyboard -- Logitech G600 MMO. All those side buttons are damn handy to map to copy/cut/paste/undo/redo/etc for regular desktop stuff.

It's actually on sale for $34 on Amazon right now, down from $79. I've had mine since Nov. 19, 2016 and highly recommend it.
      The G series mice are probably a lot better than their other stuff. Thanks for the recommendation.

Comment

Weird, my Razer mice have always lasted for like a decade or more (I've changed for other reasons, my diamondback is still kicking, I just don't use it). And I've played MOBAs, so they haven't been babied. I guess the stupid rubber coating wore off on the diamondback, but I took the rest of it off and kept using it for years. Stupid gimmick anyway.

For me the most important things are weight (lightest I can get), size+shape (I don't want anything but fingertips touching, as claw/fingertip is superior for all work), latency (there are factors that go into that, like sensors response to beginning of movement, and they do matter to some of us) and precision/consistency. Logitech always too heavy, big, mishapen and clunky for me, even though precise; but I've had to open them up to get buttons responding correctly after a while. Maybe it's all a model-by-model basis. I'd love better quality than Razer, but the Viper Mini ticks so many of those boxes (would love higher dpi and lower latency though) and was a little over $30. I haven't tried any of the $200+ supermice, so maybe I'm missing something, but they really don't fit into my budget and never have.​

Comment

Originally posted by zexelon View Post

Fully agree, with pretty much anything being better than Razor. On the logitech side I have never had a failure of their mice and I have had some running for years... especially their early laser mice. That said, I have never owned their "budget" mice so I cant speak to that. I used to use their MX series, and I particularly like their MX 3 series for feel and general usage. They are crazy expensive though. The last MX I personally owned was an MX2 I think... but ended up passing that on to a family member.

The issue for me is the need for a ton of buttons... basically the only mice that I have found that have that are the MMO style mice. Right now I use the logitech G600... I looked at Reddragon a while back, do they have an MMO type mouse at all?

I don't use config software, so I am not the best person to answer that question. All the Fn+hotkey's work though with XFCE keyboard mapping config.
          Last edited by creative; 20 November 2022, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Yes, but is isn't as featured as the Logitech one. They have a couple others similar to that one on their site.

There are projects like this but nothing official that I know of.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Yes, but is isn't as featured as the Logitech one. They have a couple others similar to that one on their site.

There are projects like this but nothing official that I know of.
              Awesome, thanks! I will keep an eye on that. Awesome to find a fellow G600 user, its amazing the productivity enhancements that it can bring you hotkey everything to the huge number of side buttons!

Comment

Most mice dont need configuration on linux, as long as they are less than 10 buttons and dont have profiles, which is why people praise no brand mice. Which is overhelming ammount of mice on market.

But if you want nice features, like easy scroll or profile support I found only Piper was doing decent job, together with logitech mouse.
                Last logitech mouse i had had right button of mouse hold not working.
                But otherwise profiling/rgb/button rebind was very good. So Piper did really good job.

Check out what piper/libratbag supports.
                A DBus daemon to configure input devices, mainly high-end and gaming mice - libratbag/libratbag

Red dragon wont have any good features, outside of generic 'all buttons work', likely forget about profiles.

Comment

I'm probably one of those rare people who never had issues with Razer mice. Razer Krait (2006) is still my favorite mouse of all time in terms of shape and ergonomics. Didn't have any problems with my current Razer Viper (2019), only positive experience so far. Don't really care about Linux support, I just configured everything on Windows PC years ago and connected mouse to my main Linux PC, all settings are stored in mouse's memory.

Comment

This is better than any Razer, and I hope the native Linux drivers will support it adiquately - https://atompalm.com/

Comment

I always find it weird when people bash on Logitech mice considering almost every mouse in existence is a logitech mouse. They make cameras and mice for most of the other brands on the market. There are very few competitors in that space.

Comment

Working...
                      X