Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Will Reflow Text In Konsole On Window Resizing, Kirigami Icons Now Use Less RAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oleid View Post

Uh, I'd miss it. But then I'm not using KDE, so I didn't notice it wasn't available there. I'm sure many people will like it!
    I didn't say people won't like (or need) it. It's a nice feature to have. I was just saying I am on KDE, I am using Konsole and yet I've hardly ever thought "gee, this would have been so much easier if I had text reflow".
    If nothing else, being in a graphics interface, you do expect stuff to reflow when you resize windows, so adding this and making it the default is a no-brainer.

Comment

Konsole needs a lot more love. Better features and speed as in Alacritty at least...

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

I didn't say people won't like (or need) it. It's a nice feature to have. I was just saying I am on KDE, I am using Konsole and yet I've hardly ever thought "gee, this would have been so much easier if I had text reflow".
        If nothing else, being in a graphics interface, you do expect stuff to reflow when you resize windows, so adding this and making it the default is a no-brainer.
        Well, I always felt that it was a bummer to not have it. Nonetheless imho konsole was (and now is even more) the best default terminal emulator among every desktop, not only on Linux

Comment

Lucky you, I've been using gnome-terminal all this time on KDE exactly due to this problem.

Comment

Looks like they have been focusing on getting rid of a lot of those annoying "paper cuts" that can set the OCD off. My OCD demons will be a little quieter now with the Discover fix and the KDE Connect fix. Little things like that are just annoying. Now if the download widgets and the download themes options could actually check to see 1) if the widget/theme were compatible and 2) if they even exist anymore.

I do really like the text reflow. That will be helpful for me.

Good job guys.
            GOD is REAL unless declared as an INTEGER.

Comment

Originally posted by f0rmat View Post
              Looks like they have been focusing on getting rid of a lot of those annoying "paper cuts" that can set the OCD off. My OCD demons will be a little quieter now with the Discover fix and the KDE Connect fix. Little things like that are just annoying. Now if the download widgets and the download themes options could actually check to see 1) if the widget/theme were compatible and 2) if they even exist anymore.

I do really like the text reflow. That will be helpful for me.

Good job guys.
              Well, those paper cuts are what makes a DE look high-quality or highly amateurish. If I was doing QA for a DE, I would have prefer they held back on a lot of features in order to keep the number of paper cuts under down to a minimum.

Fwiw, my "favorite" KDE paper cut is still alive and well: have an app crash, the crash reporter pops up asking you whether you want to submit a bug report, you say yes and then the reporter says you can't really submit a big report, because there's no address for that particular app. Extremely annoying, but at least it doesn't happen that often (with the software I have installed, ymmv).

Comment

Well, those paper cuts are what makes a DE look high-quality or highly amateurish. If I was doing QA for a DE, I would have prefer they held back on a lot of features in order to keep the number of paper cuts under down to a minimum.

Fwiw, my "favorite" KDE paper cut is still alive and well: have an app crash, the crash reporter pops up asking you whether you want to submit a bug report, you say yes and then the reporter says you can't really submit a big report, because there's no address for that particular app. Extremely annoying, but at least it doesn't happen that often (with the software I have installed, ymmv).
                I completely agree with you. Those "paper cuts" are very annoying and painful. I love the one when you try to submit a bug report, then get the message to install the debug symbols, and then the debug symbols will not install. Just like real "paper cuts," a DE papercut is really annoying. And you are also correct that polish should be done before new features are added en masse. However, overall, it is good to see that most of the work is done on fixing paper cuts and that the features being added are extending usability of applications already there as opposed to creating new application.
                GOD is REAL unless declared as an INTEGER.

Comment

Working...
                X