Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vkBasalt 0.2 Released With SMAA, Other Vulkan Post Processing Layer Enhancements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vkBasalt 0.2 Released With SMAA, Other Vulkan Post Processing Layer Enhancements

Phoronix: vkBasalt 0.2 Released With SMAA, Other Vulkan Post Processing Layer Enhancements

The open-source vkBasalt project was started as a layer implementing Contrast Adaptive Sharpening (akin to Radeon Image Sharpening) for any Vulkan-using GPU/driver/software. The vkBasalt project then picked up FXAA support for this Vulkan post-processing layer while now a new release is out with more functionality added...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It will be also usable on Windows?

Comment

I really like vkBasalt, it helps to remove some ugly blur in several games :-)

Comment

I just tried this with Legend of Grimrock 2 (Wine+D9VK), because the game's engine has no form of AA and you can see jagged edges everywhere. This project solves that issue wonderfully and with SMAA enabled it looks much better.

Comment

SMAA looks spectacular in Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Comment

I would like it if a frame rate limiter was introduced, that be handy because the other solutions people have tried no longer work very well.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
              I would like it if a frame rate limiter was introduced, that be handy because the other solutions people have tried no longer work very well.
              Is strangle not working anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post

Is strangle not working anymore?
                It only works with some titles, I couldn't get strangle or that other one on some titles. hit and miss.

Comment

Working...
                X