No announcement yet.

Mark Shuttleworth Makes More Comments On Ubuntu GNOME, Mir, Convergence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guy talks about hate and toxic behavior, and what do we see in the comments following the article?

You people (with a few exceptions) just make Mark's point.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post

Idiots like to keep together. I'm also a Windows user, so it shows how stupid you are. Community is responsible for Shuttleworth faults now?
      Idiots. Stupid. We get it, you hate.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
        The guy talks about hate and toxic behavior, and what do we see in the comments following the article?

Give a man enough rope to hang himself with and see what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Up123 View Post

I feel the exact same way. I just can't recommend anybody joining this community anymore, it got so toxic (and sometimes you catch yourself being toxic, when responding to those people), I'm really considering using Linux only for Server and IOT stuff, because I don't see desktop going anywhere in Linux.
          You only have to read all the hatred going in response/comments of the article over the former Canonical/compiz developer. I didn't think there were so many frustrated idiots on Phoronix. You can spot them easily when they evocate their imaginary "we" friends or say that Unity was a terrible DE annyway or it's bloated and not good for Linux, and so forth and more ranting.
          You know, all those people insecure enough to not specify it's their very personal opinion and that it only engages themselves, no they have extrapolate it as the single and ultimate version of the truth for them and their we friends. They can't just concentrate on whatever probably good distros and DEs they use, they have to share their dumbness with others and annoy them with it.

I don't personally like KDE, Cinnamon or MATE, but do you see me go and rant whenever there's an article or some news about it or try to convince others my personal use is better than theirs or that it sucks just because I don't like it? Let the frustrated be frustrated. Idiots.

I'm actually disgusted of the community myself for the things I've read these past few days.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

The definition of hater is quite political, because if you don't like something then you can be called a hater or troll. A word that is totally overused. Even if someone hates unity or gnome it doesn't mean that he isn't objective or isn't right about few things. Mark/Canonical just wasted devs time and money. Just the number of distros that are using unity proves how bad/niche unity is. It is not worth the effort to support it. Not in the current state at least. And I don't even want to go into amazon integration details.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerberus View Post

This is evident in any comment section on Linux portals and in every Linux forum that is not distribution specific, nerd raging, ego tripping, circle jerking etc. Neutral observer could only conclude that Linux community is bitterly divided in many many clans. There are some really great people in Linux community as a whole, but it doesnt lack for people who are using it to vent their personal frustrations and illusions of grandeur.
              Too bad you didn't saw discussions regarding Oracle, Microsoft, Sun, Apple and some others. You wouldn't be saying such bullshit then. It's not Linux specific. Fucking politically correct hypocrites.

Comment

Originally posted by bregma View Post

We get it. You hate.
                you are only a sad fanboy repeating always the same accusation because you have no arguments.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post

Too bad you didn't saw discussions regarding Oracle, Microsoft, Sun, Apple and some others. You wouldn't be saying such bullshit then. It's not Linux specific. Fucking politically correct hypocrites.
                  Bullshit is on you, I am talking about Linux users in Linux community and what they think about each other and various Linux projects, what they think about non Linux companies is irrelevant, learn to read with understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post

I'm actually disgusted of the community myself for the things I've read these past few days.
                    Who cares? I'm disgusted after reading such bullshit, but I'm not crying on forums, because of this. If you're looking for baby sitters go somewhere else. Who belongs this mythic 'Community'? And what community? KDE, Gnome, Unity, Openslowlaris, freebsd, Linux/Windows users, Linux/OS X users, youtube?

Comment

Originally posted by Cerberus View Post

Bullshit is on you, I am talking about Linux users in Linux community and what they think about each other and various Linux projects, what they think about non Linux companies is irrelevant, learn to read with understanding.
                      The point was it's the same with any other 'community', so start using your brain or shut up. Furthermore, there are millions of Linux users and you saw few posts at Phoronix and your judging entire community. You're freaking moron.

Comment

Working...
                      X