KDE Plasma Leaning Towards Focusing On Flatpak Over AppImage/Snaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FishPls View Post
    Do you still need to run the Flatpak packages with flatpak run though?
    no, you are free to hide it in script/shortcut

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      Minix -> Linux
      there is no -> between minix and linux

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
        Is the code truly free if it comes with limitations about what can you do with it?
        yes, if it does not allow you to make it nonfree
        Last edited by pal666; 08 February 2017, 06:25 PM.

Comment

How is it about the Sandboxing? Can Snappy now use SELinux? Or it is still limited to AppArmor?

Comment

Originally posted by Up123 View Post
            In what ways is Flatpak more advance?

and as far as I know you don't need to use Ubuntu's store to use Snappy, it's just the default.
            Snap is a single distribution solution that only works with Debian and derivatives.
            Last edited by Awesomeness; 08 February 2017, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post

Snap is a single distribution solution that only works with Debian and derivatives.
              This is simply an out and out unfact. It is not a Canonical-only project, its driven by a distro-agnostic technical board and is available on all kinds of distros, including but not limited to Arch, Debian, Fedora, Gentoo, SuSe, and yes Ubuntu and derivatives. You do not need to use Ubuntu or have anything to do with Canonical to use it, although Canonical is actively contributing to it and using it on Ubuntu and providing a store to that end. The code is free and available on GitHub.

I think you need to start giving citations for your alternate truths.

Comment

Originally posted by bregma View Post

This is simply an out and out unfact. It is not a Canonical-only project, its driven by a distro-agnostic technical board and is available on all kinds of distros, including but not limited to Arch, Debian, Fedora, Gentoo, SuSe, and yes Ubuntu and derivatives. You do not need to use Ubuntu or have anything to do with Canonical to use it, although Canonical is actively contributing to it and using it on Ubuntu and providing a store to that end. The code is free and available on GitHub.

I think you need to start giving citations for your alternate truths.
                I already posted https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comme...ter_canonical/ that investigated the state of Snap under various distributions. Learn to read, idiot.

Comment

I already posted https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comme...ter_canonical/ that investigated the state of Snap under various distributions. Learn to read, idiot.
                  That link is dead

Comment

Perhaps you should link to something that conveys useful information if you want to back up an argument, not a dead link on a social media opinion board. All of the links I gave lead to actual original sources that back up each of my assertions. I think readers here are competent to judge for themselves who may be the bigger idiot.

Comment

Lets say for a moment flatpak has now advantages if it has no REAL disadvantages, why do people here care so much.

Is it now that you have to use canonical stuff the default approach?

Then I guess Wayland project should stopp its effort because there is mir which is more or less a 1 to one clone but its under the roof of canonical.

Comment

Working...
                      X